• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Knife outlet, very dissapointed.

so i had a thread on opinions of knife outlet, and you guys gave me some great ideas, so i emailed them and asked them what was the update on my knife, he sent me an email saying there is a shortage of titanium so ill be waiting for a long time, thats all he said, not benchmade has a shortage or anything like that, and tell me how can said knife still be available from them, yet there is a shortage, i already got charged and got the confirmation email, and now there telling me that there is "a titanium shortage" looks like i got billed but no knife, if anyone has any advice or knows where i can get the bm42 for 130ish plz lemme know, thanks guys.

Tim

u and robin both damn you lol, i was gonna order from edc but they were sold out the next day, and so i was forced to find an alternative, god i wish i could get one from EDC they really sound like stand up guys.

Tim

I understand that titanium is one of the most abundant elements on earth....:confused: :rolleyes:

GrindTerror said:
I just got mine from EDCknives.. "titanium shortage" sounds like BS to me.

I would second EDCknives.com

Great service, and they had them in stock as of a few days ago. For $130 too

Nevermind, I just saw your second post, please pardon my stupidity.

Yes, there is a Titanium shortage. Foreign powers are buying it all up and the price is soaring.

Maybe you should look to see who has one available. Get your money put back. Then buy from someone who has them in stock. If they wont, call your card company.

I still think you havn't waited long enough. What kind of shipping did you get?

btw: This doesn't look to different from the other thread.

Regards

Gollnick

Musical Director
Threads asking about specific business dealings with specific dealers are usually best done in The GB&U forum rather than the Balisong Forum.

Mr. EdgeTim, this is the second time in recent days that you've done this. Do it again and I guarantee that you won't do it again. Ya' fallah?

Tim, there is a shortage of Titanium. That is not a lie. The Benchmade 42 has been unavailable for 6 or 7 weeks. I don't expect to see any for quite a while. I removed it from our site today. We charged you nothing. Please don't lie about things like that. I take it personally. Best of luck finding the knife. Take care.

well thanks for the response knife, i was under the impression you did indeed charge me, so sorry for the mishap but it wasnt a lie, just dissapointed that i made the order yet no one bothered to notify me that you guys where out, i had to email you guys, i just feel that shows bad customer service.

Tim

Tim, I recommend you communicate with companies before you decide to trash them on the internet. We did send you notification by email that the product was unavailable. Sorry, but I'm just not going to sit by and let you lie about us because you are disappointed about a knife. We don't manufacture the knives. We can't buy them. If we could we would. All we can do is communicate. We did that. Sorry you didn't like what you heard. The truth is difficult for some people some of the time. Best of luck to you.

EdgeTim said:
well thanks for the response knife, i was under the impression you did indeed charge me, so sorry for the mishap but it wasnt a lie, just dissapointed that i made the order yet no one bothered to notify me that you guys where out, i had to email you guys, i just feel that shows bad customer service.

Tim
proof that the customer is not always right :rolleyes:

I'll apologize to Tim and the group for getting angry and posting as I did. It was a reaction. Tim, we aren't perfect. We operate an honest and effective business and have for 7 years and we do a good job for most of our customers most of the time.

We don't do some things the way other companies do. One of them is that we don't hit charge cards until the day we ship. It confuses people because almost everybody else does this. The on-line credit card systems are designed to hit the cards immediately. It is actually harder to do it the way we do and even required some special programming but we do it that way because we think it's the right way to do things and we don't have to make refunds if we can't ship. Sorry for overreacting. Hopefully, you will be able to find someone that still has these knives in stock.

People..........and I mean EVERYONE...................

Should get the facts straight before they post ANY negative feedback, especially when it is as simple an understanding as this one!!!!!!!!!!! :( :p :(

There is a massive titanium shortage and the price has more than doubled in the last year!!!!

Walking Man

BANNED
dannyvi said:
I understand that titanium is one of the most abundant elements on earth....:confused: :rolleyes:
From what I've read here, IF I remember correctly.....
Ti is indeed even more abundant than steel, BUT it requires a lot more processing and $$$ to get it into a usable form. I hope that's right... anyone?