Knife retailers

Thanx Steele, took a look and ABC looks really good. As long as they guarantee prices like Discount, I'll shop them. Retail is not Rocket science gentlemen. anyway, thanx again Steele and looks like I'm going shopping with ABC. I also agree though...........Discount's phone is always busy and they didn't have one of the blades I ordered in stock but with no more time that I had invested it was a cost effective purchase. Gotta take into consideration total overhead when making a value conscious purchase fellas. Time included.

No need to thank me. I found ABC-DIRECT out from Mark Douglas, my co-worker. I learn from him as well as you guys. Gals, too!

Thank Franky and Bill also, they mentioned them too as well as many others have, I'm sure.

I too can NEVER get through to Discount Knives. I gave up on them, 4-Ever!

I think that Discount Knives may only have one phone, and the person at the phone must be chatting with someone, not business related, of course! Just joking!! Or, am I?

#

------------------

[This message has been edited by Steele (edited 17 December 1998).]

You know what is funny? I have never heard a bad word about ABC-Direct, ever. Are they the perfect dealer or does it really show that they try to go one step beyond the normal dealer. I say they are a class act.

Highdlr,

I am glad you are going to give another dealer a try. Let us know what happens.

------------------
Dave
Scuba Doo

That struck a nerve! Dicount Knives, you've got to be kidding me. I'll take the Knifecenter or ABC over Discountknives any day of the week. Why?...It's simple...service and customer satisfaction. Something discountknives needs to learn. 10% Big Deal, try to get a response out of them or browse that pitiful site of their's. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

OK, at the risk of being "warned" or having this message deleted (actually, I'd be a little suprised given the content of this thread) let me ask, has anyone ever had a legitimate problem with ABC? If noone replies, I'm going to have to place an order or two from them!

I've done business with alot of the dealers named in this thread and haven't really had good reasons to be loyal to them. I sort of pick them by which is the least bad or who haven't I tried yet.

Actually, I want to give Bruce from Bullman a try (or two) because the only time I communicated with him, he gave me some knife info, and seemed legitimately intersted in making a sale to me (without bs'ing me at all). I haven't ordered anything since then but he's on my "next to try" list.

Bernie

Only had one bad experience so far and it was with Discount Knives. I placed and order with them and ended up waiting for weeks. I e-mailed them numerous times to check if my order went thru okay but got no response. I ended up posting my situation on a thread similar to this one. Finally, I got an e-mail saying something went wrong with my credit card ( a new upgraded card had arrived and my wife forgot to tell me about it so it never got activated.) At just about the same time this was going on, I had ordered a Sebenza from Knifecenter on the same card. Howard Korn's customer service was excellent with confirmation e-mails etc. The next thing I know, the card company gave me a call to confirm my Knifecenter purchase and everything was honky dory.
If it wasn't for my previous post, I would probably still be waiting for Discount to deliver my Genesis. I eventually ended up ordering the Genesis from ABC. Got it delivered to Hawaii in 3 days.
Just sharing my experiences.

Back