Knife Storage Solutions - Pics

OOK

Someone posted the other day a picture of a box they made to store their EDC's. As my collection grows I am interested in everyone storage methods. Let see some pics of what you use.. I need some ideas....:)

Peace OOK

I'm working on a custom piece with a ton of shallow, deep shelves that will hold my collection. I've been so busy at work that I'm not making much progress, but someday! In the meantime, I keep my open folders in these Costco containers. I have something similar for the fixed blades, and of course the nice ones are in the safe :D

I put my EDC folder rotation in a plastic tackle box. It holds a good amount of knives. With a little foam for separation I put 2 knives into each compartment.

tackeboxflamb_zpsrv03uokr.jpg

Previously I used a larger Plano tackle box. It would actually hold a lot of knives.

20140209-01b_zpsb13a7d8d.jpg

This year I got this Adeptus cart as a present. It has lots of drawers to put fixed blades in. I put other tools and gadgets in mine too such as lights.

b08bb413-dd0a-459c-9b13-5d370dc0f1c1_1.ccc4673425bc5fc001d6fce562996c3b.jpeg

I used to keep mine in a tool box in my basement but I built a shelf by my back door. It's really convenient to grab my knives in the morning as I leave, and to unload when I'm home from work. Easy to do roll call and also always on display for my viewing pleasure.

I don't have enough to need storage solutions yet but when I do I'm considering a William Henry display case.
Even though it's almost too fancy looking for my blades. Haha.

Last edited:
^^^I was thinking about this for my daily runners...^^^ or maybe some type of valet tray..

I use these 12 knife, individual pockets, velcro padded storage deal I got from either BladeHQ or knifecenter. Got 2, in need of a third. Then I keep my small fixed blades in a drawer, only have 4 of them. And I keep my machetes with the padded folder cases on a desk with some gun stuff. I really like that Adeptus cart though, I think I gotta get one!!

I was thinking of the Velcro cases, socks, binders... I am drawn to a valet tray or a drawer style set up. Maybe a Valet tray for a week rotation carry stuff.. Then box it and put it in a drawer when done. Someone suggested a geological rock slim drawer cabinet set up too.. That looks expensive... but I guess knives/storage are like nascar... the amount of money you spend is directly related to "how fast do you want to go"

Keep it coming folks... I think others are interested too.... Peace OOK

For the most part I've used cheap cabinets and one very expensive counter-top spinner. But someone here recently put me on to these cheap stack-able plexi makeup drawers found on the big river. I have three in use now, and just received four more the other day. Still not unboxed. Fairly compact, but fit knives perfectly. I don't have a pic in use just yet. So here's a sterile one from where I bought it.

81h6CLqPbHL._SL1500_.jpg

1yq1w5.jpg

2415pcn.jpg

261ge20.jpg

2a7d4d71c346ebfc711e1ecacb048670.jpg

Excuse the bad pic, but this is how I store most of my rotation on top of the dresser

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I keep mine, all NIB or ANIB, in their factory boxes...in cardboard boxes in the safe. I carry the same EDC every day.
I don't carry any of the new ones, as they are quite fluid in terms of buy/sell/trade.

Last edited:
I tried plastic tub for a while, top shelf in the closet, the safe.....but it got to a point I didn't know what I had.
I found an old Gerstner Machinist chest from the 40's made of walnut and refinished it. Plenty of drawers for folders and fixed blades.

011_zps2a4b4c12.jpg

002_zpsee4302f4.jpg

003_zps30e9b71a.jpg

DSC_0044_zpswzqlx9oi.jpg

The only problem now is that I've completely filled the chest. I have bought two more chests which I need to refinish.

I use these 12 knife, individual pockets, velcro padded storage deal I got from either BladeHQ or knifecenter. Got 2, in need of a third. Then I keep my small fixed blades in a drawer, only have 4 of them. And I keep my machetes with the padded folder cases on a desk with some gun stuff. I really like that Adeptus cart though, I think I gotta get one!!

I am beginning to use the padded storage pocket system too. But, I picked the six pocket system from Boker. Boker makes both a 6 and a 12 knife system that are easy on the wallet.
I figured that it would be easier to pack and carry a six pack knife vault over a 12 bay system if I ever wanted to take some knives when I travel (not by aircraft).

Condor offers a six knife unit but, it does come with a handle to carry it by. I am ordering a Condor later tonight to see how it compares with what I already own.

Kershaw and ZT both make something a little larger and a little more money.

I have tried a budget no name model that looks very much like the Kershaw/ZT model but I can not recommend it. It's sad. Very poor quality.

Nuthin' fancy. My gun safe has a sort of molle panel inside the door. My folders are clipped to that. The fixed blades, multi tools, SAKs, etc are kept in a 12x16" Rubbermade storage box.

I feel inadequate now. I just have mine thrown in a drawer. But I don't have a ton of knives, only about a dozen nicer knives in the $100-200 category, 3 or 4 in the $50-100 category, and maybe 8-10 budget knives.

A quick check of amazon for, and if I wanted to display them cheap I'd probably go with something like this for folders for $17 and I like the fact that it has a lid integrated in case I needed to easily move it around or put it away.

or this for a little better organization

Back