• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife stores in Seattle and Washington State?

Any good knife stores in Seattle or Bellingham? I am planning a trip down south and would like to know what stores are worth stopping by.

The stores at Alderwood, BelleSquare and Southcenter are all horribly over priced, and frankly the employees tend to have little knowledge about knives. They also like to sell you knives that are illegal in this state - butterflies, etc..
I know about Sportco and this is a good source.

The best kept secret in the Seattle are is found in the suburb town of Renton. The store is called Bens Loans. NOW WAIT!!! This is a pawn shop up front, but the back half is one of, if not the truly finest gun and knife shops in the northwest. They have many assortments of knives and even more guns - they do not sell junk. These guys are excellent. I work at a very large aircraft company in the area - you might have heard of it. This week alone I have helped three co-workers hear buyu from them. Honestly, with knives alone, I have purchased more than 40 knives (birthdays, fathers days etc)from them over the years and at least 12-15 for co-workers . I don't make a dime, I just steer the way.
For over 15+ years I have been buying there - with prices others cannot touch. These guys sell 'average' to the 'very best'!

Call Marty, Ben, or Terry. All three of these guys will give you a great deal!!

They have a huge supply of knives! Call them and check them out!! If they do not have what you want, they can get it in days!

I do not work there.

;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

the military surplus store north of downtown Seattle (I think it's around 2200 north on 1st) has the best selection of production knives downtown - way overpriced compared to the net, of course, but at least you can hold a lot of different knives as opposed to just staring at a picture.

aha! address from another link:
Federal Army and Navy Surplus, Inc.
2112 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Wow thanks for the response! I could not possibly visit all those places but will try my best.

Could I actually get the address to Ben's Loans? That sounds like a pretty good store for me to pop into. How much further south from Seattle is Renton?

there is a store in the southcenter mall that has a good selection. It has a set of armor outside of the store. There prices are bad but they have high quality knives to handle. Cabelas has a pretty good selection also.

there is a store in the southcenter mall that has a good selection. It has a set of armor outside of the store. There prices are bad but they have high quality knives to handle. Cabelas has a pretty good selection also.

Thats Excaliber. I think someone else already pointed out that they are horribly over priced, and some of the employees aren't all that knowledgeable. If you are near a mall though, almost all washington malls have one, and they do have a nice enough store to swing through and take a peak.

Guys? 7 year old thread. :confused:

(I wonder if this Ben's place is still around...)

Oh man, I'm officially that guy. Saw a post about a guy coming to washington and thought cool. Saw the posts from today and jumped on that band wagon. Did not not really look when this thread started, what the hell. :confused: :mad:

I would skip Excalibur, just go to Federal Army Navy Surplus downtown, was just there about a month ago and it has a very good selection of production knives, including Emersons.

The stores at Alderwood, BelleSquare and Southcenter are all horribly over priced, and frankly the employees tend to have little knowledge about knives. They also like to sell you knives that are illegal in this state - butterflies, etc..

This is exactly how I feel. Every time I go into either one of these businesses, I feel like I'm bothering them by asking questions and they have no idea what I'm taking about most of the time. You'd think that asking full MSRP, they'd spit shine your shoes on the way in but no, they act like you're bothering them. I'm gonna go to Ben's Loans today or tomorrow and check their selection. I called them and I can tell by how friendly and polite they were on the phone that they're a good business. Thanks for the post.

Ah....these post are 10 years old. I've been to most all the places mentioned here. Ben's Loans is overrated. Was in there today and very little knives to choose from. Sportco seems to have the largest selection along with Cabela's. Was in both of those places today too.

A side note. It makes me sick to see all the old brands such as Gerber, Kershaw, Browning, Winchester being made in China now.
I've been in a couple of those factories in the old days, Gerber, Kershaw. Good 'ol days!

Back