Knife Uses

Hi folks, newbie here

I am very new to this knife habbit. I love my knives so much that I still open mails and packages with a pair of scissor. I only use my knives when:
1. I can't concentrate on my work, I flick, and flick and flick any folders near me;
2. late in the night, when I can't sleep, I get up and sharpen, sharpen sharpen my knives for hours. I hope I will become a good knife sharper like you guys soon.
3. after sharpening them, I keep shaving the hair on my left arms. Plenty of hair there, really. I still have a lot to learn about the sharpening technique.
4. oops, still another one. I like the way Markku described the 'silent' conversation with knives. I, too, talk to my knives...what a shame.
Best wishes
TD

------------------
TD (Manhcester)

1. Opening letters
2. cutting cardboard
3. Flicking open & closed ,over, and over, and over, and over, and...................
wink.gif

------------------
"Walk softly and carry a big stick"...TR

1. Opening letters
2. cutting cardboard
3. Flicking open & closed ,over, and over, and over, and over, and...................
wink.gif

------------------
"Walk softly and carry a big stick"...TR

Well.............
1. KILLING BIG ANTS
2. CUTTING THICK STEAKS,APPLES,VEGATABLES,
BOXES, SHRINK AND TIE WRAPS...
3. WHITTLE STUFF
----------------------------------------
DID ANYONE HEAR ABOUT LORRAINA BOBBIT AND MONICA LAWYNSKI STARTING A NEW BEAUTY SHOP BUSSINESS TOGETHER?
wink.gif

(1) Flickin'
(2) Lookin'
(3) Rubbin'
Have tape recorded sound of my knife flicking
smile.gif

Should my house have padded walls or what
wink.gif

All of the above (except cutting out aircraft parts)

Plus:

1. cut lots of free hanging paper to convince myself it really was worth £130,

2. I'm in the process of gradually reshaping my sharpening stone, and

3. Posing in the mirror.

!!!

With the knife always in my pocket about the usual things, except that when someone asks me what that odd knife is, I get to honestly tell them it's a castrating knife.

Stompy took my answer. Stompy, you are a man after my own heart. Perhaps we could get a padded duplex.

I have to admit that my everyday uses are no more exciting than most stated above.

BUT sometime ago I realized that I am tottaly addicted, and I find a knife with a pocket clip and one-hand opening an absolute must-have item at all times.

We are used to take things for granted, but after years of carrying a small Spyderco Clip-it non-stop, now I cannot leave it even for an hour.

Costas

1. Cutting rubber tubing, Thera-band, tapes of various shapes, sizes and consistencies, stockinet, tubigrip stockings and whatever else gets in the way.
wink.gif

2. Opening boxes, linen wraps and the like.

3. Food cutting/prep and the usual fingernail/cuticle trim(pesky suckers).

Is my life exciting or what?
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Norse Knife Nut*

"Military" Fans Unite!!

"The only limitation is lack of imagination."

Back