1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Knifemakers Guild App Accepted

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    My membership application has been accepted to the Knifemakers Guild! This is the first step. I am not even a probationary member until a board judges my knives and accepts them (hopefully) at next year's show in September. Then one year as a probationary member, show more knives and hope I have what it takes. I'm excited simply to have had my application accepted. I hope you are all ready for a helluva fun weekend in Louisville next September. Its a great venue. Gonna be a fun time! I'll need y'alls support for the show to be profitable! Start working on your lady friends!

2. ErichM

ErichM Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Congrats Andy on the start of a new journey! You have our support:thumbup:, closer drive for us.

3. never too sharp

never too sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Congratulations, Andy! I hope it goes well for you. I continually see your work getting more recognition and appreciation.

4. TooQuiet

TooQuiet

May 5, 2011
    Like I told you last week, they are fortunate to have you. Your work(both ethic and product) is impeccable. Congrats and hopefully I can make that show.

5. JGON

JGON

Mar 12, 2010
    Congratulations! Let's just be honest, they'd be idiots not to accept you...

6. ridnovir

ridnovir Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Indeed. :D

7. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Great job. Just stay true to what you do best and you'll do fine.

8. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    You're already there.

They just have to catch up with the recognition.

:)

9. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    congrats andy. and, good luck moving forward.

10. geargeek

geargeek Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2010
    Congrats Andy, well deserved!

11. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Hi Andy,

Outstanding news indeed! Please accept my heartfelt congratulations Andy. :) I am confident they will find you and your work an asset! You have a style all your own and have inspired many others to follow it. Louisville is much closer to me and I will try to attend next year. I do not think it needs to be said, but you have my full support Andy! :thumbup:

Mark

12. pveiled

pveiled

Apr 26, 2012
    First steps are always big ones and certainly deserve celebration! It will be fun to watch you move through this process, Andy. Be sure to keep us up to date when you've got things to be excited about.

To echo what many people here have already said, I'm sure you have more than "what it takes" to be a professionally certified Knifemaker and that you'll give everyone involved in the certification process a great show. I'm sure you'll learn many things along the way as well...as is the constant pleasure of life.

Congratulations on formalizing your journey to become a Knifemaker. Your work is superb already, in my mind, and with more work the quality will likely continue to rise. Best wishes to everyone involved at Fiddleback Forge.

13. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    Way to go, Andy! As I've said, your knives won't have any problem being accepted. Carl will be going to the show next year as a voting member, so it should be fun. Geez, seems like just yesterday you were getting your knives approved to join the Ga. Guild down in Statesboro, now look at ya!

14. knutelut

knutelut

Jul 4, 2011
    Congratulations, I have no doubt that you will make it...

15. gottahaveit27

gottahaveit27

Aug 31, 2008
    Congratulations Andy! You are very deserving indeed!

16. schmittie

schmittie Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Congrats dude!!! It's all good. You are in for sure, no worries. If anything happens otherwise, can we stab them with our favorite knife??

;)

17. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    Congrats, Andy!

18. in the flesh

in the flesh

Jul 11, 2010
    Good job! Not surprising in the least they accepted you.

19. blood604

blood604

Jul 25, 2012
    Fantastic news Andy! Glad to hear things are going I the right direction!
    I second what everyones been saying!!
    Beyond awesome work.
    Congratulations!!!

20. pap11y

pap11y

Jul 4, 2012
    Congrats.