Knifenuts around DC unite!

I know of some forumites around here, thinking about having a get together.
Anyone interested besides Bob Irons?
prigger

------------------
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

Military "Military" fans unite!!!

I'm in, assuming Bob Irons is right and I don't need a passport to get to the "People's Republic of Maryland."

phantom4: an F-4 reference? I'm a past Recce puke.

Any of you D.C. knife knuts Legionaires? I'm an S.A. L. member of Post 41 in Silver Spring. Maybe we could get together at one of the local Legion Halls? When we get an idea of how much interest there is, maybe we could have a swap meet. In any case, we ought to plan as a group to the Chesapeake Knife show in December in Timonium.

Hey prigger,
Our Legion commander is an ex parachute rigger for the Army airborne.

Walker: See my post under where do you live re: F-4 reference. Is Walker short for Ghost Who Walks?

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

[This message has been edited by phantom4 (edited 05 March 1999).]

I am neither service or Legion, but I am certainly interested in a get-together. My email is FullerH@sec.gov.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

Timonium in December sounds good to me. I'm adding that to my schedule now. I missed the last show in Timonium, and don't want to miss this one.

We're getting quite a crew here. Glad to see amacks will be local this summer.

Glad to see you may be coming our way Outlaw_Dogboy.

FullerH, glad to see you here.

amacks,

I see you're up in Baltimore at school. Do you know of any good knife stores in your area?

I haven't had a chance to explore Baltimore yet.

Sorry it took me so long to reply back, been busy.
Outlaw Dogboy-you're real close, I'm in Lex Park, real close to Olympus Gym.
Bob-I missed that show too, I wanted to go
but much more important things arose(like my first son!)I got your email sounds good.
phantom4-sorry, but no I'm not . Where would be a central location for all of us? Waldorf maybe?? ex-rigger huh? thats cool.
Hi amacks, Walker, FullerH, glad you posted.
Anyone got any ideas throw an email my way, or post it here. I would like to go to the timonium show but I'll be traveling out of state then.
later
prigger

------------------

[This message has been edited by prigger (edited 05 March 1999).]

I live about eight miles from Timonium and considered going to the show last year. It sounds like it would be fun to go as a group.

We'll need to mention this again next winter.

Axel

Count me in. I'm neither in the service (or out) or a Legionaire.

I'm definately interested in the Timonium show, as I'm relatively new to knives...and by the time the show starts up, I'll have a bit more of a clue.
smile.gif

Hopefully.

Hey Axel,

Didn't know you were that close. If you already said so, sorry I must have missed it.

Timonium sounds good to me. See my question for amacks. Any good knife shops up your way?

The Shenandoah Knife Show is 9-11 April in Harrisonburg, Virginia, which is approximately 60 miles south of where Interstates 81 and 66 collide. (Just keeping pace with the semi's will get you there in 37 minutes.) I've never been to it and can't vouch for it, but I'll be going anyway.

Monkton, Maryland has one listed for 30 April - 2 May, but my map index doesn't list "Monkton."

phantom4, "Walker" is half family name (of Sam Walker, the Texas Ranger and "Walker Colt's") and half another way to say "hiker," and "Strider" was taken.

Monkton is 15 miles(approx) north of Baltimore. Get a big map because it's a small town(at least it is on a map).
prigger

------------------

Bob,

As far as knife shops in the area, the only specialized knife shop that I know of is Chesapeake Knife and Tool. They have mainly production stuff such as Benchmade, Spyderco, etc. I did see a Chris Reeve fixed blade there once. They have shops in the Baltimore Inner Harbor, Towson Town Center Mall, White Marsh Mall and Hunt Valley Mall. The Hunt Valley Mall is just down the street from me.

Hope this helps,

Axel

[This message has been edited by Axel Yup (edited 06 March 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Axel Yup (edited 06 March 1999).]

Didn't know so many people here were in the DC area. I'm in Annapolis. A knife show would really be a great place to get togather. The Mason-Dixon knife club is having a show just over the PA line (Greencastle PA) on 4/30, 5/1, and 5/2. I haven't been to one of their shows yet (just joined the club), but heard they're really good!

Bill

Thanks, billc

Nice to see another local knife nut.

I've been trying to find out more about the Greencastle show, but all I've gotten so far is PeeWee's recorded message. If there's another show on the same dates in Monkton, it looks like we've all got a choice. That's my kind of choice. Attend one or both!
smile.gif

Good to see so many in Balto!

As owner of the Orchard Inn in Towson (you know...on Joppa Road), I know a good place to eat!
smile.gif

Stop in for a meal or just to say hello!

-Michael

Back