1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Knives with pocket clips...front or back pocket carry?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VicAlox74, Oct 31, 2019.

1. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    always in front rightside tip up only for me, but mindful of that seatbelt getting in/out of my trucko_O

2. Houlahound

Houlahound Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Back pocket carry is for communists and ne'er do wells.

Edgeoflife likes this.
  3. I usually carry IWB behind my belt, but if I put a knife in the outside edge of a back pocket I won’t be sitting directly on it.

4. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Preferably one clipped in each front pocket with a sak cadet alox in the watch pocket, pants permitting, or just one clipped in the RF pocket otherwise. If wearing dickies or cargos i might have one in the right leg down there sometimes and one clipped in the RF. Never tried a rear pocket. I like to carry 2 folders one large and one smaller.

5. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    That. Word for word.

6. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    If you put a slit in the bottom of a watch pocket, you could probably carry a knife there that was a little too long for the pocket.

7. razorburn

razorburn

Mar 26, 2007
    Front pocket otherwise IWB or the small watch pocket

8. Houlahound

Houlahound Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Given a lot of people wear jeans and carry pocket knives and almost zero people wear jeans and carry pocket watches it would follow from the laws of logic and consumer retail economics that there would more jeans with a separate pocket knife pocket and less jeans with a seperate pocket watch pocket.

But alas this is not the world we live in.

9. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Tip up, right front pocket, against the seam, like God intended. :p

Dcdavis likes this.
  10. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    This is an intriguing idea, for any size knife with the right clip. It seems a similar philosophy to having shell loops in a jacket pocket. (While originally designed for shotgun shells, they work wonders for organizing knives, pens, small flashlights, etc. when you're not hunting.) I almost exclusively wear slacks and wrangler cargo pants so I don't have a watch pocket to try this out. I'd love to hear from anyone who has.

11. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    Clipped Front left pocket tip up. In my right pocket I keep a victorinox electrician floating around

12. Christopher W

Christopher W Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Both for me on occassion. I sometimes carry an auto or medium sized folder in my front right pocket with a Spyderco Techno 2 clipped in my right rear pocket. The Techno is very small with a deep carry wire clip and doesn't get in the way when sitting