Knives you don't hear much about that other people are missing out on

I feel like the title could be more concise, but I don't got no better words for it. Whether other people are "missing out" is clearly highly subjective. I'm thinking of knives you've been thoroughly impressed by that you don't see much talk about. Hoping to focus in on these knives and give them some well deserved attention.

One of the knives that comes to my mind is from a relatively new company, Dutch Blade Works, called the Xerxes. It's a collaboration design by two customer makers, Tashi Bharucha and Gudy van Poppel, and it's manufactured by Reate Knives. This knife is incredibly smooth and the closer you look at it, the more you see how much thought was put into the design. @NickShabazz does a great job showing that in his review.

More pictures in another thread in the Gallery

TGr4Phrh.jpg

FDW5Vywh.jpg

Notice how closely the ti scales are to the blade when closed, even as the blade tapers toward the tip
ZRrXwe5h.jpg

I feel like the title could be more concise, but I don't got no better words for it. Whether other people are "missing out" is clearly highly subjective. I'm thinking of knives you've been thoroughly impressed by that you don't see much talk about. Hoping to focus in on these knives and give them some well deserved attention.

One of the knives that comes to my mind is from a relatively new company, Dutch Blade Works, called the Xerxes. It's a collaboration design by two customer makers, Tashi Bharucha and Gudy van Poppel, and it's manufactured by Reate Knives. This knife is incredibly smooth and the closer you look at it, the more you see how much thought was put into the design. @NickShabazz does a great job showing that in his review.

More pictures in another thread in the Gallery

TGr4Phrh.jpg

FDW5Vywh.jpg

Notice how closely the ti scales are to the blade when closed, even as the blade tapers toward the tip
ZRrXwe5h.jpg
That's a nice looking knife!

The entire Victorinox line of kitchen knives are great.

I started using their paring models as dive knives about 20 years ago.

They also make great EDC/utility knives once you add a decent kydex sheath.

If you lose or damage it, they can be replaced quickly and inexpensively.

It's really hard to go wrong with these.

Anza knives. I got my first one around 1982, at a motorcycle swap meet, long before I had any real enthusiasm for or knowledge about knives.

They do not get a lot of attention, and do not fit into the categories that seem to be popular here. They are just tough, hard-working knives with an odd style of their own.

55B21FD5-5FBD-4F82-93C8-D176B4878E85.jpeg 6D48DA0F-669C-4CF2-B24C-FF570CCB20DF.jpeg 05B4FCE3-787F-4D1A-B698-72422F3CD4F4.jpeg 33BDE27A-B6A4-458A-94FC-EC2CFE2AD056.jpeg

the kabar shorts I think are unrated iv used two for a long time and they are not to everyones tasts but i think thay get sum bad reviews for no reason iv beat the tar out of 2 and there good small fixed blade IMO both kraton handles and clip points plain edge iv striped the coating off one and acid etch it and the others still got most of its powder coating just surprised there not more popular that the acided etched one and a custom sheath
http://imgur.com/a/IATFKTk

The Victorinox Fibrox Pro 8" Chef's Knife is actually a perennial budget pick for a lot of "foodie" publications like Cook's Illustrated and the NYT Food section.

For me, Tangram (Kizer's budget line) has been very much overshadowed by the success and acclaim of Civivi (WE's budget line). As great as I think my $40 Civivi Praxis is, I was also impressed with my $30 Tangram Vector. Not quite as nice in terms of finish, but it also cost 25% less than the Civivi. And it's a button/plunge lock, which is different than the endless parade of liner and frame locks.

All of the knives made by Bob Dozier!
And most of the knives made by Bark River.

But probably the least appreciated of the truly great knives is the Spyderco Military.

This is so true! I just picked up a few Victorinox pairing knives and they really are fantastic, razor sharp and super inexpensive.

Back