Kodiak PA and his fractured ass....knife content included

Hopefully your ass heals soon....

Last time I strolled through the ER, was today, going to pick up my Fiancee whom had just had Womanly surgery yesterday....carrying my fav EDC, Spyderco Titanium Bob Lum Folder.

ReaperVelle

Too bad, Kodiak. I've never had an injury as embarassing as that. The only time I have ever been in an ER for myself was from a shooting accident. I was shooting at a home-made spinner target that a friend had given me. It was made out of 3/4 inch steel plate. 9mm wouldn't spin it, .45 wouldn't spin it, so I got the bright idea to try the Romanian M44 in 7.62X54R. I was shooting cheap milsurp ammo, steel core. On impact the jacket separated and came back and embedded in my temple. People aren't kidding when they say head wounds bleed a lot. At the time I was carrying a Puma folding hunter (magic lock, stag handle), Spyderco Calypso Jr ltwt, and Eye Brand stockman.

Get well soon Ass-man...sorry...Kodiak...:D

Last time to the ER - after a motorcycle accident - I had my wife take me there - and she had to carry ALL my gear so I can be X-rayed...

Should have seen her standing there - my leather jacket, my pants, boots, gloves, helmet, kidney belt, P-14 gun, 2 knives...(Dozier necker, BM CQC7)

I just had to laugh… which reminds me - never laugh when you have broken shoulder...too painful...

Originally posted by Kodiak PA
... and I have a fractured acetabulum...

Ouch! I broke my Coccyx (sp?) once - that's your tail bone. Fell on an icy step, an landed right on the edge. The worst part was that it was freezing rain, and I slid all the way down the walk, right into the 5" deep slush puddle. I was in there for about 10 minutes. I could not sit for weeks

My ass is so numb (How numb is it?)...well it is so numb that when I rub it, I think I am rubbing somebody else's ass! :D

I really hope you heal fast, but that one line of yours was just too damn funny. It put me in tears laughing :D

Kodiak PA, I hope you get better soon. I've landed on my backside from standing height before and *that* knocked the wind out of my sails. I can't imagine what it would be like starting from the top of a horse.

The last time I was in an emergency room on personal business I was ten. I had been savagly bitten by a high-strung Hungarian Vizsla dog. As was the custom of young boys in those days I was carrying a Swiss Army Knife. The dog survived.

Greg,
Sorry to hear about your accident. I too fractured my coccyx way
back in high school, playing football. Very tender area.
By the way, last time in ER, collar bone broken from mountain
biking accident, wearing Spyderco Military, my nurse later became
my wife!
Sometimes good things happen when everything seems the worst.
God be with you,
Mike:)

Greg, hope surgery is not required!....As a young'un I fell off a grapevine swing into a pile of rocks and stumps. Thought I broke my ars fer sure. Limped home, looked at my ars in the mirror....absolute horror looked back at me.....not only was it broken....a massive crack....but I had punched a hole right in the middle of the crack....never did heal. Happy ending (no pun intended) I eventually found a woman (and married her) that must have had the same accident as I. Heal fast and well....Mike

Greg, sorry to hear about your ass! You tell the story so damn funny the wife and I were laughing till we cried. We both wish you a speedy recovery. Now you have agreat excuse to make the boys do stuff around the house....

In the words of Bender from Futurama, "I got a busted ass here and I don't see anyone kissing it..."

What a "numb ass".:)
My last trip to the ER was with a Spyderco Native. I took a header of a ladder, gashed head....doc glued head shut.

Paul

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. But since its not too bad the laugh is winning out ;). Get well soon!

My ass is so numb (How numb is it?)...well it is so numb that when I rub it, I think I am rubbing somebody else's ass! :D

Greg - LOL! It's great to see you haven't lost your sense of humor from all you went through. Heal well and be comfortable!

Hey Greg,

Sorry to hear about your accident dude! Get well soon! ;)

Sam

That was my last big injury (knock on wood, probably got another one coming in the near future) I raise quarter horses and use them for reining. I was on a 4 year old that I'm just starting to take to shows and was riding her along the wall of our indoor arena at a trot and rolling her back (stopping hard, rolling around on her hocks and taking off in the other direction all in one motion) along the wall. Everything was going good until she got to close to the wall and lost her balance. She panicked and flipped over backwards. Landed mainly on my right hip and thigh cause I twisted sideways trying to get out from underneath her. Then I had to pull her head sideways and let her roll across my leg to get her back on her feet without flailing around on top of me.
Then the insanely long string of profanity I was yelling and bad names I was calling her (the horse) brought my parents around from the other side of the barn. Surprisingly nothing was broke, although my knee still isn't quite right over 2 months later. I could hardly use it or my hip but I resolved to just limp around like I had a peg leg instead of going to the doctor. Things loosened up finally and I was back in the saddle in about a week.

Hope you injury comes along quickly, and you can get back to riding too.

Back