• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kramer Inspired European Chef Knife. **SOLD**

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is my Kramer inspired chef knife in Aldo’s 52100 steel. I don’t suppose any of you want to pay $3,000 for a Kramer so I’m going to offer you a slightly cheaper version. The blade was triple quenched in Parks 50 and triple tempered. The blade is 3/32” stock flat ground to .015" prior to applying the 15 degree bevels. This was performed after heat treatment, so the blade is dead straight. This knife is deadly sharp and comes with a protective layer of Renwax. To test the heat treatment, I easily cut telephone book paper, then performed the bladesmith test by dragging the edge over a brass rod. There was no raised burr or chipping on the edge and I was able to slice cleanly through more telephone book paper and shave hair.

You can let this blade age gracefully (like I am) or occasionally drag the blade over 400 grit wet/dry paper and oil to keep it looking as new. The presentation grade Desert Ironwood burl scales are stunning with lots of marblecake and a sunburst near the index finger. The scales are held in place with pinned/dovetailed stainless bolsters, a Corby rivet, two knurled pins and epoxy. This knife is light as a feather in the hand – for those of you in dutch with your wife over your knife purchases, this will make a great Christmas present to temper her spirit.

I hope you like it! The first “I’ll take it” gets it. $350 plus $15 shipping. Paypal payment preferred to my account tksteingass@frontier.com and I take USPS money orders. Maker’s lifetime common sense warranty and free sharpening.

Merry Christmas,

TK

3/32" Aldo's 52100 stock
Triple quenched - Parks 50
Triple tempered to Rc 58-59
13" OAL
8" Blade
Full flat ground to .015"
15 degree bevels
400 grit pulled satin finish
Presentation Grade Desert Ironwood burl scales
416 SS bolsters, Corby rivet, pins - satin finished

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words fellas. It's appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Back