1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Kryptoglow custom scales, spacers...

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop: Services Offered' started by Kryptoglow, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    Hey all,

I'm sure some of you know me by now but to those who don't, I'm Dan from Kryptoglow. I'm a fellow knife nut and have been since I was a kid. I was a roofer for many years and did all types of construction. Things basically crashed in 2008 and so I decided to try and do something I loved for a living. It's not much of a living but it is something I enjoy every day. I make custom scales (glowing and non glowing) for numerous models and I hope to offer a custom knife of my own
    "The Hybrid" sometime in the next few months. It can be seen here on the passaround forum.

I make my scales out of a strong fiber filled composite. Although not quite as strong as G10 they have done well for me with over 2000 sold. I have many repeat customers and my feedback can be seen on that auction site. At the moment I offer some ZT, Spyderco, Kershaw, Becker, Esee, Ontario, Boker and various other models.
    I can do just about any color imaginable along with camo or marbled patterns. I can also make any of them glow including black. If interested in any of the items I offer please send a PM or contact me at [email protected]

I have examples of some of my work on that auction site, kryptoglow.com and facebook galleries under kryptoglow and Daniel Bragg

Thanks for your support,
    Dan 000_6746.jpg 000_6564.jpg 000_6603.jpg 000_6373.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    000_5617.jpg 000_5590.jpg 000_5649.jpg 000_5653.jpg 000_5805.jpg

3. SOC_MRN_Leon

SOC_MRN_Leon

Mar 9, 2012
  4. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    It is a strong fiber filled composite with metallic silver colorant.

Thanks, Dan

5. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    Did I hear you say something a little while back about doing ZT 0350 back spacers?

6. Jeff Jenness

Jeff Jenness

Sep 2, 2010
    Wow, that is the exact question I just asked him. And he is planning some new things for the ZT 0350, or so he has told me he does. I will leave the details to Dan since I am anxious to hear them myself!

7. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    Hey all. I have been re-vamping my shop so I can get a bit more organized. I have gone from 200 listings on that auction site to 15-30. I am trying to free myself from that auction site and conduct business VIA my website kryptoglow.com. My website is in progress and I hope to have nearly everything available listed there in the next few weeks.

Thanks, Dan @ Kryptoglow

8. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Dan,
    Can you do a set of scales for a Spyderco PM2 in that silver that you used for the 560 above?

9. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    Sorry, but I have not figured out the para 2 ...yet. It has the recessed liners which requires milling the underside of the scale which is beyond my ability at the moment. That scale you referred to is a regular brown scale that I sprayed with silver krylon and then a layer of clear satin. I imagine the same thing could be done to a set of the para 2 scales ;)

As a note; I'm getting the website going quicker than I imagined. Check it out at www.kryptoglow.com

Thanks, Dan

10. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Do yo have Manix 2xl scales? Thanks

11. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    Sorry but I don't...yet. I hope to be offering manix 2 pretty soon and then I plan on looking into the XL.

Current models I offer are being added to my website daily.
    Take a look at www.kryptoglow.com

Thanks, Dan

12. freewheeling

freewheeling

Dec 30, 2012
    I can't see any current models on your website. Is it my browser? How about the Southard? The stock scales are actually too thick and could do with some sculpting and thinning to get a CC shape. I've been in contact with a guy who does it, but can't get him to respond. Probably very busy. Hope your broken bones are itching rather than hurting.

13. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    If you click on the link it should take you to my site. The brands that I produce scales for are at the top of the page and each model is in the drop down menu.

www.kryptoglow.com

I hope to look at the southard in the near future. It looks like a nice one.

Dan

14. Cycklone

Cycklone

Nov 29, 2006
    Quick Question
    Does the ZT and the Kershaw Tyrade share the same scales? Only from looking at pics they look the same but never seen a ZT to know for sure

Cyck

15. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    Sorry, but the JYD do not fit the tyrade.

Thanks, Dan

16. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    gonna order them bright neon green glow for my camillus bk 10 I am getting soon

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  17. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    Yep, an old partner and I discussed the old days of roofing/siding...the other day. We both agreed it was fun but neither of us want to go back to it. I do what I love now and I'm not sure my body would want to be on a roof again anyway:)

PM sent 710

18. abrachear

abrachear

Feb 10, 2013
    do you make scales for the becker bk14?

19. Kryptoglow

Kryptoglow

Jan 8, 2011
    I hope to have some textured BK14 scales listed on my website in the next 2 weeks. www.kryptoglow.com
    Thanks, Dan

20. esh567

esh567

Nov 13, 2012
    email sent. wow your work looks amazing!