• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Large hunter in 52100 and bolivian rosewood

Here is one of my larger hunters in 52100 high carbon steel triple quenched and tempered, decked out with a handsanded finish etched and buffed, bolivian rosewood handle with a stainless guard and pin. this is very similar to my personal hunter and works really well on all game, though I usually carry mine on antelope, deer and elk hunts. the guard is nicely contoured to feel comfy on the finger, and really helps you keep your fingers whole when working in the cold on the side of a mountain. it features a medium convex grind for added strenth, but is sharpened on a simple bench stone for convinience.

OAL- 9 1/4"

blade- 4 3/4" long tip to scales, .187" thick at the spine, .082" measured 1/4" behind the edge, and .008" thick at the shoulder of the edge. 1" wide

steel- 52100 high carbon steel, triple edge quenched and tempered, for a really nice performing blade that takes and holds a great edge and yet is easy to resharpen!

grind- a medium convex grind, sharpened on a DMT 325 diamond hone with micro bevels, to an aggressive razor edge

finish- 600 grit handsanded finish, then etched in ferric to bring out the hardening line and then buffed

handle- bolivian rosewood with a tung oil finish

sheath- clean, dyed leather 10-12 ounce, glued and stitched, with 3 copper rivets for the belt loop so you cant cut the stitching if you have to sheath your knife in a hurry or in the cold

weight - 9.0 ounces with the sheath

$550 shipped in the us I can accept paypal Joe357m@bresnan.net or money order. There are a couple others on my website, and can be purchased there at www.caltoncutlery.com international friends please email me for a quote for usps shipping.

1st to post "I'll take it" gets it!!! There are also a couple more similar on my website at www.caltoncutlery.com

Ships within 48 hours of payment priority with ins.

Feedback appreciated, and thanks for looking!

If you would like one like this one or different, PM or email with details!

thanks everyone!!

dirc, yep straight tung oil, especially the stuff in the yellow can from minwax I think is about the best I have found. it protects, polishes up nice, and is easy to reapply later after a couple seasons of work, just wash it in soapy water, rise, let dry overnight, then rub in a couple drops, buff on your jeans if you want, let dry and you should be good to go for another couple seasons :}

Back