Largest knife that disappears in your pocket?

Spyderco Military
18029399349_3105b1f561_b.jpg

That fob on the swiss is neat.

I'm a big guy, so most knives tend to carry very well. My fullsize Olamic Wayfarers as an example. My Emersons, ZTs, Spydercos, Cold Steels, Benchmades, none have really presented any issues.

Al Mar Eagle ultralight. It has 4" of blade in a light slim micarta linerless handle.

Longest blade? Cold Steel Recon 1 was the longest blade. Thickest handle? ZT 0801, 0560, Lionsteel SR-1A, DPX Heat.

There are a lot of knives without clips that would disappear with them , and lots with with them that wouldn't disappear without them.
for me there's a difference between in the pocket and clipped into the pocket. ( in the pocket means loose at the bottom )
This is the largest folder I carry " in my pocket "
it's 3-1/4 closed and very lightweight.
It gets noticed every once in a while if it turns all sideways or something, but not very often.

I carry my Endura 4 sans clip in my RRP; and don't notice it's there. Also my ZT 0801BW clipped to the RFP is not noticeable.

Of the larger folders I own, I am impressed at how well the ZT0452CF, BM710, Microtech Socom Delta, and the Southard Tolk all carry.

Spyderco Military and ZT 0561 are pretty "invisible" in my pocket. Spyderco Manix 2 XL is almost so but the handle is a bit taller and my tight jeans pull on it a little bit more.

We all know that a tiny pen knife or even a Case peanut will practically "disappear" in most any pocket, but some larger knives have a shape that helps them feel smaller than they are.
What do you find is the largest knife, either traditional or modern, that feels pocket friendly?
For me, currently, it's a Case small saddlehorn. The roundness of it's shape makes it easy to tuck away even in a pair of slacks. The Case trapperlock even works well in the back pocket of a pair of slacks because its straightness allows it to sit on the outside of a wallet and out of the way.

Obviously the three biggest factors are going to be:

The handle shape.
The handle width.
The length closed.

So, thinner, slimmer, shorter knives fit better.

That being said, I have carried full size Praetorian's and SMF's and haven't found them to be an issue.

I think a lot of this depends on the type of pockets you have, I typically don't buy anything that doesn't have generous pockets (I am not going to start carrying a man-purse)

Benchmade Subrosa is a fairly large knife (3.75" blade) but very thin and light.

Back