Latest on Bulldog brand knives...

The "Mountain Man" pattern produced by QCC is really close to the GEC 23. Im not sure that those aren't QCC's.........just not sure.

Don't recall a MM Linerlock - did they make one?

Either way - Queen could not have touched that quality a knife in 2009. 100% GEC.

Question: Are new "Bulldog" and new "German Bulldog" branded knives both Frost Family, and hence by definition, not worth a wooden nickel?

Question: Are new "Bulldog" and new "German Bulldog" branded knives both Frost Family, and hence by definition, not worth a wooden nickel?

Have a picture? I haven't seen one branded German Bulldog; although there were a lot of Bulldog brand knives made in Germany in the past of top quality.

Have a picture? I haven't seen one branded German Bulldog; although there were a lot of Bulldog brand knives made in Germany in the past of top quality.
No picture. I saw some "Bulldog" and "German Bulldog" for sale at that big Tennessee online store.
Based on price only, my guess is both are a daRn waste of funds Frost.

The ram horn handled liner locks are on the #73 pattern (3¾"), not the larger #23. Most definitely GEC.

I have one of the China versions I thought was German made when I got it. It came in nice box that stated Hand Made German Design. That was awhile back, and I've since learned a lot more about knives and what to look out for. Anyway, the knife itself is not too bad. Workmanship is probably a little better than the Rough Rider I have and it would probably be a decent user. This one has the two fighting bulldog trademark.

Hand made German design? Now if that isn't a riddle, I don't know what is. Personally, I would define it as "intentional nonsense". Or better yet, a campaign of misleading information.
Greg

Maybe Bulldog was Case's name for the pattern?
I like it.
I don't think so, Case names I know for the pattern are Sunfish then Elephant Toenail. And the dog looks very similar to some of Bulldog brand. 🤔

I'd like it were mine, though I don't trust someone wearing belt and suspenders...😃

No mystery.....no connection. Seems to me that this Case Bulldog stamp predates Charlie Dortons Bulldog Brand by a bit, at least to the early 1960s, and probably even earlier into the XX era.

Charlie Dorton was a friend and mentor of Bill Howard at Queen! Bill has nothing but good things to say about Charlie!! I think it was a pleasure for Bill to make this beautiful knife for Charlie's old brand, back in 2008, at GEC!!Bulldog Muskrat 1.jpgBulldog Muskrat 2.jpgBulldog Muskrat 3.jpg
Please ignore the scratches on the scanner!!

There is a link, but has nothing to do with that etch. It is an old Case etch.

The link is that you picture a Case Classic knife, which was made by Queen for Jim Parker - who also owned Bulldog Brand at the same time.
That is clearer now. 😀

That is clearer now. 😀
The Case Classic 5172 shown is a reproduction of the original Case XX Bulldog clasp knife made as early as the 1950s, which used the same bulldog stamp on the blade. Parkers ownership of Bulldog Knives at the time is coincidental, nothing more....

Back