Important Info! Leatherwork coming this week from the Redmeadow kids

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here’s a preview of some work that the Redmeadow family’s been working on. The kids did all of the tooling, some cutting, and most of the gluing and assembly. I stitched these on a machine and Mrs. Redmeadow helped with every step along the way. We’re no pros but I gotta say, these are nothing to shake a stick at.

In the video below you’ll see Eighteen Leather Covers with the National Parks Edition Memo books from Field Notes. The covers are 4” by 6 1/4” with a tooled sleeve and pen/pencil slot on the front cover.

All proceeds will go to the kids. With some coaching from the old man they’ve worked out a plan of what to do with their earnings. Half will go to buying more leather, notebooks and another basketweave stamp for future projects. The other half they’re going to split and put into their savings.

They’ll be $40 shipped in the U.S. and Canada and will be only be available by responding to the Newsletter when it comes out. If you’re interested in one, the video will give you a chance to be ready for when the Newsletter comes out. It may be a good idea to list a few in case your first pick is taken.

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment, I’ll let the kids know what you think. They did a lot of work and did a great job on these, I couldn’t be more proud of them.

Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives Hi John its great to see your kids involved with leatherwork :thumbsup: the pics I've seen in other threads really impressed me
Not sure why but this video is showing unavailable and private
Oops! Thanks Frank, I uploaded it earlier and thought I turned it to public before I posted. It should be good to go now!

Those look awesome! Hope to grab the Grand Canyon, Arches, or the Smokies. Good job young and ealder Redmeadows!

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for looking at these and the nice comments. A huge thanks in advance to those of you that grab one. The kids are excited for their first sales.

If you guys are getting them as a Christmas gift for someone, we can always wrap them and send them out direct if you'd like.

Me and the kids seeing the response to the Newsletter.....
35a62a1c519e802c16ce1d4ec9f338ac.gif

.......4 left

I just received my DENALI Fields notes JACKET from the REDMEADOW CRAFTERS. It is just beautiful! Meticulous craftskidship, precisely made and well designed. I will have and use for years to come. Thank you very very much, Ainsley & Roy you are an inspiration. You should see my pitiful leather work. 😟
I hope to be as good as you someday. 👍

This arrived yesterday. Roy and Ainsley did an AMAZING job! The tooling is crisp, the materials were nicely chosen, and the design is efficient and perfectly sized for my regular use. It just might replace my other notebook.

I am looking forward to seeing more of their craft in the not so distant future. Nicely done, John, in somehow getting them hooked on an enduring and much desired craft.

QCqDpVL.jpg

QU65N9H.jpg

Back