Important Info! Leatherwork coming this week from the Redmeadow kids

That's fantastic John! The work and tooling on those notebooks is incredible.

I'm gonna need a price on a new belt before too long.
Thanks! They really took to learning attention to detail well. When my nephews were up a couple of weeks ago the kids taught them how to tool and carve. I let them run the show and it was awesome to watch them teach all the little details to someone else.

The Holiday season is kicking my arse right now, once we get through Christmas I'll get with you about a belt.

1) No curbing on Dad's part! Enthusiasm very warranted!

2) That belt! WOW!!!!! Very interesting use of the border stamp interspersing it with the basket. Very cool!! Fred is gonna be happy!!
Thanks Dave! The basketweave fit the width well but ended looking like kind of a grid along the belt. A border stamp in between each seemed to embellish things without demolishing all of the tooling.

That's awesome John. The kids sound like they have their priorities straight! My almost 2 year old would definitely blow it all on GO GO applesauce and hot wheels.

That's awesome John. The kids sound like they have their priorities straight! My almost 2 year old would definitely blow it all on GO GO applesauce and hot wheels.
Lol, trying to plant the seed of some financial responsibility, maybe they can avoid some mistakes down the road. They already know more about things than I did at 20!

Gave the one I picked up to my daughter last night. I left it wrapped from when I received it, so it was the first time I saw it as well. To say she was ecstatic would be an understatement and the work was fantastic. The stickers will find their way to her cooler too.

John, please let Ainsley and Roy that the work they did was spectacular. The picture doesn't even come close to how amazing this looks in person.

RMK.jpg

Gave the one I picked up to my daughter last night. I left it wrapped from when I received it, so it was the first time I saw it as well. To say she was ecstatic would be an understatement and the work was fantastic. The stickers will find their way to her cooler too.

John, please let Ainsley and Roy that the work they did was spectacular. The picture doesn't even come close to how amazing this looks in person.

View attachment 2026567
Awesome, glad she liked it! A big thank you from the kids, they were happy to hear the kind words about their work.

We sent a couple of mauls, swivel knives, a bunch of stamps and a stack of leather to my nephews for Christmas. When they were up for Thanksgiving they spent a lot of time tooling with the kids and really enjoyed it so my brother and I chipped in and got them their own tools.

Is there anyone in the Readmeadow shop that is interested in attempting an ultra thin/slim super classy leather pocket slip for a folder?

I want one that's not any bigger than it needs to be to fit the knife.

Is there anyone in the Readmeadow shop that is interested in attempting an ultra thin/slim super classy leather pocket slip for a folder?

Make it big enough for a Victorinox Huntsman and Iā€™m in šŸ˜‰.

I'll run it by them, what kind of knife?

Oh I don't know if we're up to snuff for that kind of work but we'd give it a shot! Send us some dimensions and we'll see what we can do.
Oh I think it'd be a great match. I'd send the knife so you could fit it directly. (Have to make it first).

I very much like the elegant simplicity with just a touch of tooling on those cowbell sheaths.

Oh I think it'd be a great match. I'd send the knife so you could fit it directly. (Have to make it first).

I very much like the elegant simplicity with just a touch of tooling on those cowbell sheaths.
Sounds great John, the kids and I are looking forward to it. I showed them some of your work and they were blown away.

I like some of the Buckaroo sheaths on Daveā€™s site, would they do something similar for that pocket slip or for other folders? Just the idea for a project, donā€™t mean to take another personā€™s product.

I like some of the Buckaroo sheaths on Daveā€™s site, would they do something similar for that pocket slip or for other folders? Just the idea for a project, donā€™t mean to take another personā€™s product.
Not to worry. I sure as heck didn't invent those things. They've been around for generations. They are a great use for scrap leather and are simple and easy to build.

Back