'Leave Feedback' process is cumbersome.

dsutton24

Gold Member
Leaving feedback in the Exchange is kind of a clunky process. You copy and paste the URL, leave thoughtful and useful feedback, and blam! you get an error message saying you didn't choose a feedback type. When this happens, the website just scraps what you wrote before, and you start over.

Could something be changed so that you just get sent back to your previous work to correct the error, rather than having to start from scratch? I've done this often enough that you'd think I'd learn, but nooooo…

The more stuff you buy, the easier it becomes. Moral of the story, buy more stuff and you'll have plenty of practice to zip through leaving feedback. :p

Yeah, it's a pain in the butt.

Leaving feedback in the Exchange is kind of a clunky process. You copy and paste the URL, leave thoughtful and useful feedback, and blam! you get an error message saying you didn't choose a feedback type. When this happens, the website just scraps what you wrote before, and you start over.

Could something be changed so that you just get sent back to your previous work to correct the error, rather than having to start from scratch? I've done this often enough that you'd think I'd learn, but nooooo…

Or you could learn your lesson and get it right in the future the 1st time :)
Likely they can't do much(or much easily) to improve it-it is a hold over from previous software. It worked seamlessly during it's day.

They can put a man on the moon, but they can’t simplify picture posting and feedback posting on the BladeForum. Definitely a nerd site.

Serious question, how is it difficult or cumbersome?

The Add Feedback tab is found in multiple places. It can be found in the original sales thread and on their Trading Profile, perhaps elsewhere too.

Once you're there, all you have to do is start at the top and add something to each field. Pretty much like any other form you'd fill out online.

Maybe they could have the sections you have yet to complete outlined in red or put (required) next to every field. Or take off the (required) part as all fields are required.

The only part that is not terribly intuitive is having to actually post in the thread. Even still, it says that it is a requirement right there when you're leaving feedback.

Leaving Feedback.jpg

Are you doing this from a mobile device? I do not have this experience from my computer. I'll get the error but it doesn't seem to clean everything out.

I will say, I keep the reviews pretty simple now. "good buyer/sell, good communication" and that's about it. I don't get too dedicated about leaving a story since the "positive" is what most people look for anyway. If someone has a negative, or you leave a negative, leave a longer message. I've only had one negative experience and I brought it to GBU instead.

Another tidbit, I find it easier to get the link to the exchange page if I post the link of that page in the PM's about that transaction. It makes referencing everything later a lot easier as it always seems like I end up having to search for that page if it's not in the PM. Getting the link has been more tedious than the rest of the process. I feel like it's pretty simple, overall.

Another tidbit, I find it easier to get the link to the exchange page if I post the link of that page in the PM's about that transaction. It makes referencing everything later a lot easier as it always seems like I end up having to search for that page if it's not in the PM. Getting the link has been more tedious than the rest of the process. I feel like it's pretty simple, overall.

This is a good idea and one that I've never thought of.

I usually subscribe to (or "watch") the thread until after we exchange feedback. I normally only have a few threads on my watch list so it's easy to find when the time comes. If it's my own sale thread I close the thread after payment is made. That way I don't get any further alerts from that thread but it's still on my watch list when I need it.

Serious question, how is it difficult or cumbersome?

Serious reply: It's cumbersome in exactly the way I described. I'm not an idiot. I should be able to fill out a simple form without trouble, but I'm not gifted with infallibility. Years of experience on the interweb tells me that an error shouldn't kick the user back to square one. The condition I describe ought to be fixable.

The feedback software is written by a third party. Hopefully the next round of upgrades fixes that.

I need to leave feedback on 2 purchases.
I don’t have any more time to send trying to figure this system out.
Been using computers since 1978.
I guess I’m just too old and stupid to figure it out.
I don’t have time for this

I need to leave feedback on 2 purchases.
I don’t have any more time to send trying to figure this system out.
Been using computers since 1978.
I guess I’m just too old and stupid to figure it out.
I don’t have time for this

Go to sales thread.
Copy URL of sales thread.
Click “Add feedback” to the right of the seller’s avatar.
Select “buyer”
Select “Positive”
Paste URL
Write feedback snippet
Write comment
Click “Add feedback” button
Repeat as necessary.

For every new feedback left, refresh the page for best results.

Not very hard at all.

Haha, you realize that’s 9 steps.
I’ve done it before, don’t know why I’m having trouble.
Stupid cocktails!
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Agreed, I do not find it to be cumbersome but I also have not received feedback in over a year even though I have bought and sold many knives on the site. I seem to receive feedback on about 1 out of every 5 or 10 transactions.

I understand that positive transactions do not generate as much of a "need" for feedback but it is always appreciated.

^^^
Seems to be for a private message to other party. While needed to make feedback, I find it un-needed to be there. I guess if you didn't have PM ability it might be nice.
IMO better as an option than mandatory, but I usually just fill it in with something generic -like thanks for the smooth deal, occasionally something with more thought and importance.

Last edited:
The comment field shows up if you click on the transaction in question

Back