Legit Ammo Sites?

I've been looking online lately trying to find some ammo, and I was curious if anyone had some recommendations, or if anyone had any "no fly" sites that I need to be aware of. Most of the siets I use are well known and that's beginning to become a problem as ammo continues to become scares. Thanks in advance

Since providing links might be considered deal spotting, I'll leave you the names of the sites. You can google them for links.

Ammo Man. Ammunition To Go. I've used both of these in the past to buy in bulk for range sessions. I reload now because it is more economical if you're into this hobby for the long term.

I've gotten my share of .223, 9mm, .45, ect. now I'm just looking for the infamous .22LR I could live without it, but its so fun to shoot :(

Sent you a PM. Ya 22 is hard to get cheap and in bulk anymore. I've had 2000 rounds on backorder for 5 months dont know if it will ever show up. If i get it got it at to good of a price to cancel it so have to wiat patiently. I could find you good prices and in bulk on the other calibers your asking about though. Let me know.

Since providing links might be considered deal spotting, I'll leave you the names of the sites. You can google them for links.

Ammo Man. Ammunition To Go. I've used both of these in the past to buy in bulk for range sessions. I reload now because it is more economical if you're into this hobby for the long term.
Thanks! I reload what I can, I'm mainly looking for any rim-fire as I can't load as far as I know.

Your best off looking for 22 in stores than online anymore. Most places online never in stock and even if they are prices are bad. Same as price as in store and make you pay shipping. Most online stores will only let you buy so many boxes to so pretty much givin up til i acctually run out of it.

Ammo is actually becoming less scarce and has been for some time since the panic of 2013.

There's plenty of .22LR available on line. You just have to be willing to pay for it. I use a few bots for ammo listings, and moments ago the three listed dozens of e-tailers with .22LR in stock. One bot listed .22LR from $0.08 to $0.53 per cartridge, another with .22LR cartridges at $0.07 to $0.58 per cartridge, and the third with .22LR from $0.07 to over a buck per cartridge.

The days of really cheap .22LR ammo are in the past. Yesteryear. Best to just accept that or resign yourself to not shooting it. Me? When I buy it, I buy no less than a case at a time. Some e-tailers ship free if you buy by the case. I try to ensure I have no lest than 7,500 - 10,000 .22LR cartridges on-hand. When I get to that point, I reorder to get 20,000 on hand, if I can. The last case of .22LR I bought was case of 6250 Czech Sellior & Bellot 40 grain lead round nose standard velocity. Cost $0.07 per cartridge IIRC correctly. I do know the case was less than $500 shipped to my front door.

The panic of 2013 wasn't the first, and it won't be the last. You avoid the panics by keeping 1-2 years of ammunition and/or loading components on hand. I was surprised by the number of OLD shooters caught off guard by the 2013 panic. Wasn't the first panic they witnessed. They should have learned their lesson. From what I can discern, they still haven't learned the lesson, even after 2013. Of course, many of those same people will complain that I'm a "hoarder" when I still shoot what I choose every week and they have no ammo and can't find any. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Friends don't let friend shoot Remington .22LR, especially Yellow Jacket.

Ive had descent luck with them a failure out of every 25 rounds but not any worse than anyof 22 ammo really. Desperate enough to buy the Rem Thunder. Federal is the only 22 ammo that i have almost zero problems with.

I've found .22 on GunBroker at about $10/rd shipped. You have to check the seller's feedback since it's like eBay.

Ive had descent luck with them a failure out of every 25 rounds but not any worse than anyof 22 ammo really. Desperate enough to buy the Rem Thunder. Federal is the only 22 ammo that i have almost zero problems with.
Huh? You've got to be kidding. One failure every 25 cartridges IS much worse than almost any other .22LR ammunition. That ain't "decent luck". That's "poor performance". I only very rarely ever experience an ammunition failure when shooting .22LR, and I shoot 5,000 to 10,000 .22LR cartridges a year. Can't recall the last ammo failure I had shooting .22LR. I shoot mostly standard velocity CCI and Aguila.

Last edited:
Sorry but would have to say your lying. All 22 ammo is unreliable cause it's a weak , dirty, round and it doesn't have the power to push the slide back and make the casing eject and get another round in chamber. Lots of FTE's FTF's with any 22 ive shot or brand ive tried. HK MP5 , Colt , Ruger, Browning, Phonenix Arms, pistols ,rifles all these i have a round fail every 25 round or so sometimes more sometimes less with better quility gun or ammo. IVE NEVER KNOW ONE SINGLE PERSON OUT OF 200 PEOPLE I KNOW THAT SHOOT 22 THAT DON'T HAVE FAILURES ON A CONSTANT BASIS. When i shoot 22 i shoot 500 rouns at time or more your telling me with as dirty and weak as this cartrage is your not gonna have problems? With all types and brands granted remingtion Tunder and Winchester White box have been the worst for me. Federal is all i want to buy anymore or CCI. But sometimes you have to take what you can get and Buds had a descent deal on Thunderbolt and it works fairly well. Golden bullet 22 remington is great 22 ammo too. Would choose alot of others over Thunderbolt though but i have problems with 22 no matter what gun or brand of ammo. It's very dirty ammo so the fact you say you have no failures just cant be truth. Go look at people shoot 22 on youtube for 5 minutes theyll have 4 or 5 FTF's FTE's out of those 5 minutes if not more no matter what they shoot if they shootmore than 100 rounds.

Sorry but would have to say your lying.

I'm am not lying. I am not a liar, and I suggest you have proof of such before you call another man a liar.

All 22 ammo is unreliable cause it's a weak , dirty, round and it doesn't have the power to push the slide back
Of the 27 .22LR firearms I currently own, only one rifle is an autoloader, and only three handguns are autoloaders (why do you think I mostly shoot standard velocity?). For autoloaders, you match the power of the cartridge to the gun. High Velocity is normally better than standard velocity. Though my Mossberg M151M cycles standard velocity quite well. With .22LR turnbolt, lever, and falling block rifles and revolvers, the power of the cartridge has absolutely NO IMPACT on the cycle of function.

If you are experiencing stoppages in an autoloading .22LR firearm, you likely haven't matched the power of the cartridge to the firearm, or you are not cleaning your firearm often enough. If you consistently experience stoppages on a regular basis regardless of ammunition, your stoppages are as likely a firearm malfunction as an ammo malfunction.

All .22LR ammunition is NOT unrealiable, nor is it weak.

...and make the casing eject and get another round in chamber. Lots of FTE's FTF's with any 22 ive shot or brand ive tried. HK MP5 , Colt , Ruger, Browning, Phonenix Arms, pistols ,rifles all these i have a round fail every 25 round or so sometimes more sometimes less with better quility gun or ammo. IVE NEVER KNOW ONE SINGLE PERSON OUT OF 200 PEOPLE I KNOW THAT SHOOT 22 THAT DON'T HAVE FAILURES ON A CONSTANT BASIS.

Then you need to get out more. Stoppages on a regular basis while firing .22LR cartridges in a properly functioning firearm is ridiculous, excepting for those few firearms models universally known as jam-o-matics (along the lines of the Browning Buckmark and Marlin 60). I've owned a couple of them, but never for very long.

And it's a CASE, not a casing. Cartridge CASE. Casings are what sausages are packed in.

When i shoot 22 i shoot 500 rouns at time or more your telling me with as dirty and weak as this cartrage is your not gonna have problems?
That's exactly what I'm telling you. I clean my .22LR rifles ONLY once they begin malfunctioning, and that's often beyond 500 cartridges in a turnbolt or lever rifle. Even longer in a falling block. Not so for an autoloader or a revolver.

One failure per 25 cartridges equates to 2 failures per box and 20 failures per brick of .22LR. I know no one who would accept that. Certainly no one who would accept that as normal. Especially the ammunition manufacturers. If you find it common to have a stoppage every 25 cartridges when shooting .22LR regardless of ammunition manufacturer, I suggest you look to your firearms as that's likely where the problem(s) is. One failure every 25 cartridges is neither common nor acceptable.

Again, I do not lie as I am not a liar, and I'd appreciate you refraining from ever calling me one again until you have proof, and that day ain't coming.

Last edited:
I also must be blessed since I rarely encounter problems with 22lr ammo. Don't get me wrong I've had ftf's and fte's but its never common unless I'm shooting some ancient ammo.

Hey now! My Marlin 60 only jams with Golden bullets (crap ammo). Most 60's that I see jamming are just extremely dirty. I would say there is an issue if you are seeing many jams in any 22 though. None of my 22s will cycle Golden bullets but are very reliable with anything else.

Hey now! My Marlin 60 only jams with Golden bullets (crap ammo). Most 60's that I see jamming are just extremely dirty. I would say there is an issue if you are seeing many jams in any 22 though. None of my 22s will cycle Golden bullets but are very reliable with anything else.
When they shoot, they are great guns. Sounds like you have such a rifle, but the Marlin 60 is likely the most ammo finicky firearm I've ever dealt with, and that, apparently is not an uncommon occurrence/experience.

I also must be blessed since I rarely encounter problems with 22lr ammo. Don't get me wrong I've had ftf's and fte's but its never common unless I'm shooting some ancient ammo.
You're not blessed (for that anyway). You're just experiencing what others experience.

There is no way an ammo manufacturer would accept as standard/acceptable a 4% failure rate of its product. Competition is just too stiff. Think about it. Billions of .22LR cartridges manufactured each year (the industry is set up to produce something like 4-4.5 billion .22LR cartridges annually). The shooting community would be up in arms and passing the lot numbers amongst themselves most ricky-tick. Word would spread like wildfire. That's why some Remington .22LR ammunition is universally sneered at (the Goldens mentioned in wroughndt's post above, as an example).

Last edited:
Back