Lemme see if I got this straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is beautiful, Tim. How much for that one?

OOPS!! Man, I'm sorry moderators. It just slipped out there.

I am still a bit confused. Kit, Darrel, Tim and several other makers have told me I am a knife pimp. So does this mean I can't pimp my Ho's in here no mo? :D

Thanks Dogman, you beat me to it. Thank goodness we don't have to bid now. We can buy it right here on the Custom Forum. Isn't that great?

I give up. Knife making obviously pays from the neck down, so I am done trying to reason with you.

Blues, Gus, get in here and slap these clowns around will ya?

I guess if you are a great knifemaker like Mr. Herman you can post pics, but if you are a newbie like me?:(

:p :p :D :p

James

I got yer 'from the neck down' hangin Vel. I been making custom knives since before you could even type a coherent sentence at BFC. But, thanks to you, now I don't make custom knives any more. I'm just a plain old knife maker and don't have to worry about all those terms flopping around any more. Thanks for that at least.

But now, I don't know what to call myslef anymore. Am I a custom knife maker or a maker of custom knives or just a guy that fools around with steel and wood and stuff? I'm all bummed out now. I thought I had something going there for a while. I guess I could always be a commercial fisherman and catch bass for a living from all the water holes at all the biggest golf courses and make millions of dollars compared to the crap I'm making now. Was that a runon sentence? Sorry.

Up yers Vel. You think yer so smart. Why don't you try making knives for a living for a while and see where it gets you. You still won't be able to post a pic in the custom forum so kiss my knifemaking arse that's 'from the neck down' :)

That's right Sam, because the Custom forum isn't really the Custom Forum anymore. We're not really sure what it is for now. Gus and Blues will make an announcement later on that will clarify things I'm sure. Especially after all this crap. But don't listen to me. Wait and see. Even though I've never advertised my wares here it still makes me think that there's something rotten in Custom Knife land. I used to visit a total of four forums at BFC. Blade discussion, Custom, Shop Talk and Whine and cheese. My list just got lighter by one forum. I have no use for a forum that doesn't even honor it's reason for being. No customs allowed. That should be the new name. Post your custom knives in the Gallery and don't cross any lines. Ok, now I'm finished. You can remove the podium.

Actually I just jumped in here cause I seen Kit's name. Whats all the fuss about? Posting pictures? Sold, not sold? BFD, who knows,who cares? I say if you're damn proud of your work show it off!!! Patrick R. Nihiser, CUSTOM knifemaker :confused:

Max........

I guess it could be called the Non-Randall Forum. :)

Regards,

Pat

I am terribly:confused:, but that is not all that surprising. I want to see all the pictures of custom knives that I can and really don't care if it is a plug to sell a knife or not. When I see these pictures, I like to comment on what I like or do not like about the knife. It would, IMO, be a real shame not to have this continue. The fact that the knife is sold or not sold makes no difference to me.

Let's not take this forum and turn it into a place that makers feel uncomfortable to come to. I don't want it to become a for sale forum for makers, but I have not seen that as being a problem.

Originally posted by nijam
Actually I just jumped in here cause I seen Kit's name. Whats all the fuss about? Posting pictures? Sold, not sold? BFD, who knows,who cares? I say if you're damn proud of your work show it off!!! Patrick R. Nihiser, CUSTOM knifemaker :confused:

Hey Patrick, I met you at Blade with Kit & Don, congratz on your Award. Great to see you posting here. I look forward to seeing your new work.

PS, don't take this thread too serious. ;)

LOL!!!

:cool:

(Oh, and there's a bunch of jackbooted thugs on the way to each of your homes now to seize the evidence and currency derived from what you've displayed here. Hey, don't blame me, rules is rules. ;))

Well my computer at home is down I am glad it is. Not even sure if I want to try to figure out what is wrong at this point. :(

Bottom line - Want to post a picture, We want to see it along with something about the knife. Ask yourself if the post you are making is a sales pitch. If it is, it does not belong here.

Hell I am stupid, but I used to sell knives I know the difference and I am sure each one of you do also.

Can I go back to the enjoyment of collecting now?

Why is that so hard to grasp?

Now look what you bastids done!

You ground poor Gus' sense of humor down to a nubbin. ;)

Is nothing sacred? :rolleyes:

Off to court. Deal with you peckerwoods later on. :D

By the way,
I have some used shoes, and underwear for sale along with some factory knives. Can I post pics here?
Any takers? :D

Just got my Kaintuckee road map out....

The burlap's a bit worn, but there it is....

The "Kit Carson Hi-Way!" :D

Seems to end in the woods somewhere. ;)

:p

(Enough teasing - Sorry, Gus!)

Sorry guys. Just checked all my mail that I could not check yesterday from home. Some of the toxicity leaked over here. :D.

Hey, are they boxers, briefs or one of them new combo boxer/brief things? Do they have any holes in them? I might be interested. Do you do any trading? He he.

No harm meant with all the goofing Gus. Seriously, it just seemed to be getting a little serious. Sometimes, it's easy to take things out of context and get riled up about stuff that isn't even really a problem. Especially for non-pic posting peckerheads like me. I just enjoy the forum and come here to stay tuned in to whats happening in the knifemaking world. Keep up the good work Gus and Blues and don't let us bastids wear you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back