1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

LEO / First Responders Duty Carry

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ROLEXrifleman, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ROLEXrifleman

ROLEXrifleman

Aug 30, 2013
    Hello everyone.
    Just wondering what the LEOs and 1st responders are carrying while on duty. curious what everyone is trusting their lives and the public's with.

Stay Safe!

While I may carry a 2nd one as well, I never leave the house without my BM 583

[​IMG]

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701

Jan 29, 2008
    Trauma shears, and backup trauma shears.

3. pwerfel

pwerfel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Trauma Shears, BM Orange Triage with plain blade, Littman CardioII

4. fargo203

fargo203 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Auto rift

5. Shaboda

Shaboda

Jun 9, 2013
    810 contego or 915 triage with bm rescue hook.
    Littman master cardiologist

FF/Medic

6. EldoEsq

EldoEsq

Jun 23, 2013
    ZT 360...I like the assist for opening while wearing gloves, and the jimping is perfect IMO. I prefer the blade shape over the 350 for duty use. It also has a glassbreaker and is built super-tough

[​IMG]

7. Thursday45

Thursday45

Jul 29, 2013
    I bought a benchmade triage to carry on duty but to be honest I don't carry it anymore since, at it's price and how much I liked it, I didn't want to risk leaving it on a hood or letting another first responder use it and they walk away with it. So I bought a kershaw Cryo to carry. It's a little on the small side but I won't be too upset if its misplaced since it can be readily replaced for roughly $30.

Anyways, if you don't mind carrying something with a higher price, I think the triage is a fantastic first responder's knife.

8. Angus McGunnigle

Angus McGunnigle

Jan 1, 2013
    Gerber Yari (original model) and a Camillus Heat, serrated.

9. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    The Leatherman Charge TTi never leaves my belt. I also rotate between several different folders such as the Spyderco Endura, Pohl Force Bravo, Extrema Ratio BF2 and the Benchmade Triage and Contego. Theyre all folders i trust, but the Triage gets the most carry time.

10. Sharpnessis

Sharpnessis

Aug 11, 2012
    I thought I would see everyone carrying a spyderco assist? Designed for your job.

11. brand0n

brand0n

Jul 2, 2012
    +1....

12. sgn230

sgn230

Jul 14, 2013
    An Emerson SOCFKB and a Zero Tolerance 0550 in the uniform pants pockets, a small Ka-Bar TDI on the belt behind the taser, a large TDI on the vest and a very old Spyderco Police model in the vest shock plate pocket...

I have a pair of trauma shears with in reach in my Ford PIU. :D

Fred

13. BIG45-70

BIG45-70

Aug 29, 2010
    Benchmade griptilian here is s30v, before that I carried a spyderco endura.

14. Shaboda

Shaboda

Jun 9, 2013
    Never been a fan of spyderco, always carried benchmade or sog

15. mcgoo7

mcgoo7

Jan 25, 2004
    Rotate between a few folders( modified griptian, BM H2O folder, spyderco salts) in my fatigue pants, always have my CRKT MAK-1 in my bunker pants with a cheap Byrd serrated folder.

Stay safe
    James

16. till44

till44

Oct 4, 2011
    Benchmade Rescue Hook on the belt, CRKT SRT M16 or Emerson Commander clipped to a pocket, Winkler Belt knife or CRKT KISS on vest.

17. davidsonblueline

davidsonblueline

Jan 3, 2013
    Spyderco Stainless Steel Police PE (grip tape on handles) back left pocket, Zero Tolerance 0561 back right pocket and Spyderco Ladybug on my keychain. This is my on-duty trio as an LEO.

18. Vegas Blade

Vegas Blade

Feb 9, 2012
    I have carried the same Leatherman on my belt for 16 years. My Dad bought it for me in 1997. My duty knife is a Spyderco Assist. I have also carried a Rescue, and a BM triage 915. I LOVE the Assist though. Won't replace it soon.

19. dewingrm

dewingrm

Oct 23, 2001
    Spyderco Endura waved. If the wave fails to open the blade the thumb hole is large enough to use with gloved hands. Also if I lose it in a scuffle, foot pursuit, or to the evidence room I won't be out a lot of money.

20. JustinC25

JustinC25

Aug 4, 2013
    I'm not a first responder, but my friend is a paramedic, and he carries a Victorinox Rescue in fluorescent yellow, and a Benchmade rescue hook.