Off Topic Lesson learned what not to eat at a gas station

u812

Gold Member
Never ever never ever no matter how much you are wanting to stay on your diet buy hard boiled eggs from a gas station.

LOL! This advice is worth its weight in gold. Avoid the Tuna sandwich too.

OK lets make this a what not to buy at a gas station to eat.

I also leaned not to eat chili-lime chicken legs. They were so good but turned out so bad.

those godawful room temp plasticized embalmed green dogturds they pass off as dill pickles :confused::poop:[barf]

There is about 3 beers between that "servo food" (we call them Service or Petrol Stations not Gas Station) being the worst and absolute best thing you have ever eaten. The chicken and mayo rolls that you heat on the spot look like death in a paper bag to me. Same as anything "Tuna". I reiterate this opinion can sway if I go 3 past the safe zone though...

How about that stuff they say is pizza ??? Stuff looks like it was made in a press and coated in 30wt oil lol !
Or those burritos that just hit your stomach and don't digest lol.

Guess Chevy Chase really was starving when he said " I'm so hungry I could eat a sandwich from a gas station " lol
National lampoons Vacation

I had a coworker a while back that went to a gas station once a week to buy their fried gizzards for lunch. They looked super greasy and smelled horrible, but somehow she never suffered any ill effects.

I don't even like to buy M&M's from a gas station.
They always seem to be thermal-cycled and taste liek crap.
I cant even fathom cooked eggs...

Holy crap guys... stop eating at gas stations! I can't imagine a gas station selling hard boiled eggs! And I have to ask, OP, what made you give them a try? Was it a kind of challenge to yourself... something like, "I know this is likely going to be bad, but, hell with it, let's see what happens" kinda thing? I hope you're better now man... :D

Some genius at 7-11's corporate headquarters in Canada decided what they needed to do was break into the (their word not mine) gourmet food market. Now they have all kinds of questionable products being offered as the "highest quality" food. We're talking meatballs soaked through in some unidentifyable sweet and sour sauce. Pizzas where the main topping seems to be heavy weight grease. How about something they call tacquitos which is basically like a crispy burrito designed to be smuggled into jails through the "back door"

Many times I've been driving home from gigs at 3 in the morning and stop off for a servo pie. Almost always regret it 30mins later and the most inconvenient darkest part of the highway. :D But damn they're so good going down.

When I was in college I applied for and got an American Express card but the only place that took it in our little college town was an Exxon station, the good thing was it actually had a flat top in it so I ate many a hamburger in that gas station. My wife still makes fun of me but they were cooked fresh and pretty good, even though I never saw anyone else eating there :eek:

QuikTrip makes a decent breakfast pizza (pizza crust with gravy, cheese, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs) but I wouldn't touch any of their other items.

We have a gas station here in Dallas (Fuel City) that supposedly makes the best tacos in town, it usually has a line going out of the door, but I have never been interested in waiting in line for 30 minutes for a gas station taco.

Last edited:
That amazing taco gas station sounds more like an anamoly to me. What's clearly going on is so e entrepreneurial hard worker from south of the border who owns the station decided to share his wife's skills with the rest of the world.

Breakfast pizza? Only in 'Murica.

*edit* come to think of it in Canada one of the most repulsive pizza places here (but seemingly most popular in Ontario) decided they could scam some poor fools by putting cheap chocolate syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles on their regular pizza dough, and then calling it a dessert pizza.

Maybe if they deep fried it.

Service station cuisine consists of poppin' open a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos, and pumping a generous amount of Nacho cheese into the bag toss in a few Jalapenos and wash it down with nicely aged large Monster Energy Drink. I know its living dangerously but what the Hell!!!

I actually think Sheetz makes a decent burger and/or sandwich. Better than McDonald's when on a road trip, at least for me.

Back