Let’s Get Started

JK Knives

I’d like to see this forum active again, so let’s get some new topics going! I don’t care if it’s firearms, fishing, camping, hunting, or even tell about your other hobbies. I just want some activity like it used to be here.
Anything goes!

If any of you guys like action novels, look for Warning Order by Joshua Hood. The main character carries one of my knives, the Kane Model, and I am mentioned in the book by name as the maker of the knife.

Anybody like sci-fi/fantasy novels?

I’m currently reading the “Word” trilogy by Terry Brooks

Running with the Demon, A knight of the word and Angel fire East.

I like them, very different from most of Brooks stuff, it’s set in current times but there’s a whole other world under the surface with demons, angels, magic and a few human individuals that can see and participate in the struggle of good vs. evil.

I think it’s more relatable to than the Shannarra
Series.

After seeing all the work we did at my father-in-law's house, the wife now has a bunch of projects she wants to do in ours. Yikes!

We're looking at new countertops in the kitchen, and flooring on the 1st floor for starters. The projects I want to do? Finish taping off the drywall in the garage, gutters in the back of the house, redo the farmers porch roof, reseal the driveway, replace the shed doors, new trim around garage doors. I'm hoping to hold off the inside projects until the weather gets colder, and take care of some of these outdoor ones first. No idea where I'll find the time though...

I could go for a young Jennifer Love Hewitt
Nev Campbell all the way. I never understood the fixation on Jennifer Love Hewitt. Well, I do and I don’t. ;) Although this is more my generation. Miley Cyrus millennial?

I’m currently on my second run through of venture bros season 7. I highly recommend this series. It’s not for the faint of heart though. :)

I’m a Clive Cussler novel fan.
A great author, I've read most of his stuff. Lee Child's Jack Reacher series are always entertaining. I'm reading Broken Angels by Richard Morgan (Altered Carbon author).

I’m a Clive Cussler novel fan.

I have been enjoying the the Fargo series of novels by Clive Cussler, especially Lost Empire, The Mayan Sectets and the Eye of Heaven. Lost Empire was my first introduction to his writings, I really enjoyed the story. My daughter gave me some more of his other novels, and one I want to read before this summer is out is about real life ship wrecks. Years ago a friend told my about the Dirk Pitt series but I put it off, I never read any of Clive Cussler's books until last year. The story descriptions caught my attention when dealing with Pre-Columbian cultures.

Last edited:
My favorites are the Fargo series and Dirk Pitt, don’t care for the Issac Bell series.

We also took a great vacation, we took a long cruise, the highlight of which was going through the Panama Canal, the whole thing, from the Pacific to the Atlantic. That was on my Bucket list, and I thought about the history of it as we were going through the Culebra Cut, what a remarkable feat.

Let's hear some more vacation highlights or planned trips, does not have to be grand, just meaningful or just plain fun, and some cool scenery. Any pics of a JK or other knife on such trips would also be an added bonus.

We haven’t been on vacation in over eight years, so nothing here.
I think you guys are long over due if things allow it, life happens, of course. I suggest a short road trip, maybe a three or four day long weekend? What about any festivals or events near by? John, I think you can take some of that liberal leave stuff they been talking about. :D

Back