• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Let's get critical of everything

I'm prepared to get blasted for this, but here goes.

I think we are getting too critical of everybody and everything. It used to be if somebody had a bitch, you would find it on here, read it, make a comment and go on.

Now it seems that people are over analyzing every last miniscule piece of everything anybody says in their posts. So what if somebody uses BTT a little too often? So what if somebody's price is too high? So what if they post knives individually? So what if it's the same knife they couldn't sell last month?

It used to be that this forum was useful for finding out who screwed who on a deal. Now it's hard to tell by the topic title without reading the entire post to find out that it's someone's idea of a sly joke and not really a negative post.

Let's post something about every deal we have with everybody. Every time. I think we get the picture after the same guy posts a real sweet recommendation about the same guy over and over again. Maybe it's sucking up for the next deal, I don't know.

The GBU is becoming a butt smooching arena. I guess that's fine. If that's your thing. But it used to be a person could glean a lot more useful information than you can lately.
Why can't people go back to the practice of making a "good guys list" post and just update it when needed.

I want to be able to pick out the people to avoid in the easiest manner and not have to read every single post and decipher what people mean by their message and whether it's tongue in cheek or not.

This board is not our right. It is our privilege. We are making it look like a whiners board.

Venting over, comments commence!

[This message has been edited by rdnzl (edited 04-11-2001).]

I expected such a response Doc.

"It all starts with you!" What the hell does that mean?

No it did not start with me. If you would have been around here at least the last 7 or 8 months you would have a better idea of what I am talking about....and what you're talking about.

[This message has been edited by rdnzl (edited 04-12-2001).]

I've been very remiss about posting "good" comments, as all I've had here were good experiences. I am going to rectify that starting now. I think it's important that if we are going to post any comments, we post on every transaction.

I've seen deals where someone comes in guns blazing, and is shot down by 10 other people who might not have posted their "good" comments before. It's just as important, if not more, to post the "good" as well as the "bad & ugly" in my neophyte opinion.

Matter of fact, haven't we done a deal? My memory is getting so bad...

Of all the things I've lost in life I miss my mind the most.

Brandon

rdnzl,

I hope I'm not the only one who got a chuckle from the irony in your post. You start it off by saying that everyone is complaining too much, then the second half of your post is complaining about GB&U.
wink.gif

By the way, I agree with you that a lot of people are acting like mini-moderators. (Even some of the moderators)

Jim McCullough

------------------

Next time you feel your life is sooo tough, read this- Some American Heroes

Hunter,

Chuckles are good
smile.gif

Don't know how else I could bitch about people bitching without bitching
biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rdnzl:
I expected such a response Doc.

"It all starts with you!" What the hell does that mean?

No it did not start with me. If you would have been around here at least the last 7 or 8 months you would have a better idea of what I am talking about....and what you're talking about.

[This message has been edited by rdnzl (edited 04-12-2001).]
</font>

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch. You want some cheese with your whine?

------------------
That's Doctor Evil to you. I didn't go to Evil Medical School for six years to be called Mister, thank you very much!

Very nice reply Doc.

We should all be glad you are here. We might need you for a mold if we decide to make a$$hole cookies.

done.

Gosh, I didn't mean to insult anyone who has been here a whole eight months! That might be a long time in the auto-parts game (thanks for the reminder, time for a new oil filter, I havn't changed mine in, oh, about eight months!), but it's just a drop in the bucket to the amount of time and dedication it takes to take over the entire World, stockboy.

You should be happy, after all I'm not kissing your butt or anything you like to bitch about.

"It starts with you" - translation, Quit your bitching!

You glean anything useful from all this yet? Maybe pick out just one person you should avoid? You said you were prepared to be blasted, so you really shouldn't bitch so much about it.

------------------
That's Doctor Evil to you. I didn't go to Evil Medical School for six years to be called Mister, thank you very much!

Feel free to e-mail me Doc, unless your childish trolling prohibits you from contacting anyone or posting your e-mail address.

Thanks to some other forumites I think I already know who you are.

An offline conversation with a class youngster such as your self would do wonders to improve my stature in life.

I'll bet the diaper service is pretty slow in "Geo-synchronous Orbit".

[This message has been edited by rdnzl (edited 04-15-2001).]

Hey Rog, what do you bet this troll is a proctologist? He has to be, where else would he feel at home..
rolleyes.gif

First, you bitch about people bitching.

Then you wonder what I mean when I point that out, and bitch a little more.

I continue to mock your self-fulfilling prophecy about people bitching.

You call me an A$$hole.

I point out that you are bitching about behavior that you promised not to bitch about in your first post, and mock your high-faluting stature as a member since the good old days of late last Summer. I also made fun of your job, but that’s just a response to you calling me an *******, you stupid ****.

You then insinuate that I am immature, and that you know who I am. You also imply that I have a bladder control problem.

And I am immature? I poke fun at you, after you imply that you have a tough skin, and you are rude and insulting in response. Have you considered having that stick removed from your butt, or perhaps checking the shelves at the auto-parts store to see if there is a sense of humor for your particular model in stock?

If you can’t take it, don’t ask for it. If you don’t want to be insulted, don’t go around calling people *******s. If you want to start an intelligent conversation, try saying something that makes sense, not “I’m critical of others criticisms.”

Besides, I thought you were done here?

------------------

I'm sure they'll lock this soon. I haven't been in an old fashioned snit fest for ages. It's kinda fun actually.

I called you that because you are one.

I still see no e-mail addy. Or a spine.

[This message has been edited by rdnzl (edited 04-15-2001).]

I'd like to remind everybody this website has a rule against personal attacks, and also that just because someone else makes a fool of himself calling you names etc. doesn't mean you have to respond by making a fool of yourself too.

There are times when the net is like a circus act ... one clown says to another, "I'm gonna get you!" and throws a pie in his own face ... and the other clown says, "I'm gonna get you back for that!" and throws a pie in his own face ... that kind of pie-fight can go on indefinitely....

I'm reluctant to lock the thread because I still hope to see some meaningful discussion ... I guess I'm just naturally optimistic....
smile.gif

-Cougar Allen :{)

This is kind of fun, but don't you think it belongs in W&C. Maybe we should try to get this back on topic. What do you think?

I think that at times we do get to critical of little things. If a persons price is to high, don't buy the knife. If a person uses BTTT a few times, so what, he is just trying to sell his knife(knives). It does seem that very small things do pi** some people off way more than they should.

------------------
Keith

AKTI Member #A001338

IMHO, this part of the forum was set up enable the posting of just what it says, Good, Bad, and Ugly.

With rdnzl, I think that the slamming/flaming should be kept off the other forums.

That kind of posting detracts from the originators topic, and basically, is not fair to the originator, nor to anyone who decides to open/read that topic.

A lot of threads I've seen recently have 2 or 3 responses to the original topic, and 8-12 dealing with someones opinion about the topic, the posting method, price, or some other piddly-ass issue.

If you don't like something about a posting, take it to this forum. If you do like something, bring it here.

Yes, it is easy to sit in the comfort of your home and slam the hell out of people in virtual obscurity. Very easy. But you know, not very adult....

------------------
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.
Take the Test...

Back