Lets see some BIG knives

So far, Big Rick for the win! Truely a first class collection of bowies and fighters!

-Xander

Wow - both of those Cashen bwies are just terrific - as is the great big Persian.

Roger

One of my very favorites....Tom Maringer 'Death Angel' at 16" of mirror-polished, razor-sharp D2.

standard.jpg

A 12" John Salley Dagger...

standard.jpg

That ought to be a small start for ya. :)
Ooooooooh man. Those two touched a nerve in me... :thumbup:

Awesome thread, love these big blades. Pointless for edc but it would be great for reaction. I had a big marbles bowie, american made with the stacked leather grip, 10" blade iirc. I loved wearing it camping, never had occasion to cut anything with it before selling it. (at the time i thought it was impractical, I know, live and learn).

Red

How could I forget this one by Nick Wheeler!

NickWheelerBowie2.jpg

Tad Lynch.

LynchSubhiltLongSheath.jpg

TadLynchBowie-1.jpg

jswalrusfighter1.jpg

Tobin Smith:

TobinSmith4.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished this 17" Bowie for a customer, blade is 11-1/2". Hard to get good pics, was raining out.
7176885055_b41a69cf2d_c.jpg

Stunning knife, Mr. Lamey!
Recognize the background behind the Wheeler - nice score!
The Lynch sub-hilt is sublime...

I can't see it Matt!!.............Three days later, now I can and well worth the wait. Awesome knife, I just love everything about it especially the hamon!!

Last edited:
What is the background? I bought the knife off Roger P and it's his photo, must take some myself as I'me having another week away from work.

Stunning knife, Mr. Lamey!
Recognize the background behind the Wheeler - nice score!
The Lynch sub-hilt is sublime...

I don't make a lot of really big knives. But, here's a couple of my larger ones.

This one has an 11" blade and a 6 1/4" handle:

This has a 8 1/4" blade

Rick that Lynch Sub Hilt gets me every time.

Great knife and Hamon Matt. Glad to see your work as allways.

Chris

Back