Lets See Some Pure Fighters

.....some great info that will be of interest to Dawkind and other Haiku owners.

915 is the first one I actually called a Haiku…. Based on the fact that there are 17 separate parts on the knife… and 17 syllables in a Haiku poem. The earlier ones had different numbers of parts and were made before I had figured out how to TIG weld in titanium.

That's a great piece and congratulations! The Haiku I have is the vaunted #915 Prototype done in stainless and I helped Tom set-up the TIG system needed to weld ti....I worked in the Welding Industry for a number of years and when at Tom's place saw what he had used for years to do TIG on his stainless pieces. :eek: ;)

The all black ti Haiku I have is the next to the last knife Tom made....8oz of astounding power, kind of like this one. :(
>>Cutting Bamboo<<

Last edited:
Here's one meant to fight. Very well balanced and quick.

F0J2Vg7.jpg

Last edited:
Leaving this here...

Vorpal Tanto tribute, 8.5" 3V blade.

large.jpg

My Model #4 "Backup"...Stainless and micarta with "ribbing".
This one from a couple of years ago, for a forum member.
First offered in 1979.
Designed as a jump/close quarters piece.

what Joe said

That's sweet Russ!!

Superb taste you have, Coke! My favorite maker!

He makes a beautifully CLEAN knife, he is a pleasure to deal with, and I like his dry sense of humor. Lost count of the laughs I had when dealing with him on these knives; he's a cracka. Can't wait for him to do another design for me. :thumbup:

29d9vfl.jpg

fnzh5c.jpg

8y8fw8.jpg

I can't stop fondling them, as with all his knives (as well as the Busse Shark), the pictures do them no justice.

Last edited:
Busse fan here also!

I will post my latest Kornalski big (giant) chopper here in the Choppers thread when it's done. You can see it in the works in Adams IG. I have two projects from him in the works, both gigantic!

Had a look; your chopper is HUGE. A chop video with it would be good to see once you get it; if you feel like doing one.

For a chopper, that thickness of stock can be justified if you're a big man, but I can't understand those 2 TG copies he's made from 11+mm thick stock. The customer claims they're "fighters". Really? Some 14 or more inches long and weighing a kilo a piece? I thought I was overdoing it with 1/4" stock at 12.5 to 13odd inches long. Don't know... but to me that seems somewhat overkill for a fighter AND for a combat knife. Choppers are a different ballgame. It works against the knife itself being that long and that heavy for a fighter, it would reduce the knife's "braking" ability considerably. Inertia can be a killer; no pun intended. Perhaps the customer intends on losing fights with them? :D Perhaps as an intimidation tool? I just can't make sense of it being so thick as a fighter.

Either way, if I was after that kind of knife, I would MUCH prefer a genuine TG14 any day. I know they cost a bit, but you're getting a real heavy duty fighter that's not overly heavy, but heavy enough to be a proper combat/survival knife as well as a fighter, and INFI is far more stainless than 4V. Each to their own.

Had a look; your chopper is HUGE. A chop video with it would be good to see once you get it; if you feel like doing one.

For a chopper, that thickness of stock can be justified if you're a big man, but I can't understand those 2 TG copies he's made from 11+mm thick stock. The customer claims they're "fighters". Really? Some 14 or more inches long and weighing a kilo a piece? I thought I was overdoing it with 1/4" stock at 12.5 to 13odd inches long. Don't know... but to me that seems somewhat overkill for a fighter AND for a combat knife. Choppers are a different ballgame. It works against the knife itself being that long and that heavy for a fighter, it would reduce the knife's "braking" ability considerably. Inertia can be a killer; no pun intended. Perhaps the customer intends on losing fights with them? :D Perhaps as an intimidation tool? I just can't make sense of it being so thick as a fighter.

Either way, if I was after that kind of knife, I would MUCH prefer a genuine TG14 any day. I know they cost a bit, but you're getting a real heavy duty fighter that's not overly heavy, but heavy enough to be a proper combat/survival knife as well as a fighter, and INFI is far more stainless than 4V. Each to their own.

Don't worry about the guy who comissioned the two BIG fighters. He's HUGE and he only would loose a fight to King Kong, no matter the knife he would use. His bare hands are lethal weapons.
Me, I'm no big man but I'm strong enough for any chopper of any weight.

When my MONSTER chopper it's ready I'll take some photos (don't know when I would have time to use it property so video will have to wait;)).

Both me and Matt (the fighters guy) have Busses and will continue buying Busses, price was never an obstacle! We just want custom made knives exactly as we want from the steel we want and with the thickness we want!

1fbi3k.jpg

Don't worry about the guy who comissioned the two BIG fighters. He's HUGE and he only would loose a fight to King Kong, no matter the knife he would use. His bare hands are lethal weapons.

So long as he knows what he wants it's all good. Not much value in ordering a custom knife that you later realize you shouldn't have. Be it the design or the lack of build quality, there's not much chop in that, what's worse is when BOTH are lacking. A bad or 'not quite right' design built by a HACK; one good thing about it is that it helps not to make the same mistake twice. Nothing worse than a lemon in any form of creation.

15x8i2e.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is like the energizer bunny :)'

This belongs here

[video=youtube;szdRKT41dJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szdRKT41dJU[/video]

I'll throw this one into the pile here, CruforgeV blade, titanium frame handle, cocobolo/copper/green canvas micarta handle on foliage green liners. Point of balance is right on the guard and it only weighs 8.4 oz total, 11 3/4" tip to toes w/ a 7" blade. 19 degree per side edge taken to a mirror polish, slices through just about anything with ease.

http://imgur.com/a/WvsbW

thanks for looking,
-Will Stelter

Back