Lets See Some Pure Fighters

Here are two beauties by M.S. Bill Buxton. Both were done when he had his J.S. rating. The first a 9-inch desert ironwood burl damascus bolo fighter with damascus fittings; the second a 9.25-inch fossil walrus tusk damascus fighter, also with damascus fittings.

uRmUVNs.jpg

7YpLB33.jpg

Haven't seen any of Shiva's work in years. When were these made? Anyone know what he's up to?

So here's some new with an old classic. Two from Winkler Knives/Dynamis, an Iron Side Edge Works Shrike and I just got the Randall last month. I went with 6" Model 1 with a half guard. I've been very pleasantly surprised how much I like it. The balance is insanely good and I never imagined how lively in the hand it would be. Old school knew what they were doing!

Add- the sheath system on the Winkler/Dynamis is fantastic btw. Has a great clip that grabs pant/short material and blade can be placed in either direction. Awesome!

NcMGVKOl.jpg

Last edited:
So here's some new with an old classic. Two from Winkler Knives/Dynamis, an Iron Side Edge Works Shrike and I just got the Randall last month. I went with 6" Model 1 with a half guard. I've been very pleasantly surprised how much I like it. The balance is insanely good and I never imagined how lively in the hand it would be. Old school knew what they were doing!

Add- the sheath system on the Winkler/Dynamis is fantastic btw. Had a great clip that grabs pant/short material and blade can be placed in either direction. Awesome!

NcMGVKOl.jpg

You sir have excellent taste in sharp-and-pointy objects. Great collection!

Reactions: rpn
Two of Bill Bagwell's long damascus bird's head fighters, both with 11.0-inch blades. The older one [early 80's] with Bill's M.S. mark, has an ebony handle with brass pins for the birds' eyes. The other has an African blackwood handle with diamonds for the eyes.

hx2b9z7.jpg

6SiuY2P.jpg

osprey888, what are the silver colored dots on the checkered section of the handles? Is it paint or small finishing nails? Looks nice just can't figure it out?

Back