Let's see your Bog Oak

Figured we ought to revive this thread if the Osage thread got a boost. And what better time than an opportunity to share today's mail call!

btw This is my first Monarch and I don't believe anyone had ever described it as an upscaled Esquire or I'd have tried for one long ago. At least to me, it seems like a big Esquire.

I immediately liked this model a bunch!

BogOakMonarchsm-vi.jpg

Nice score Jerry, that swedged Bog Oak Monarch is sweet!:thumbup:

Nice score Jerry, that swedged Bog Oak Monarch is sweet!:thumbup:

Thanks Gus! The pic above was just an "excited unboxing quite and dirty pic". :)

Here's some more better pics. Still using a cell phone but the natural sunlight helps.

BogOakMonarchStump1-vi.jpg

BogOakMonarchStump2-vi.jpg

Here's a couple more in the sunlight you can see a greenish hue. Swamp wood![emoji1]

211e70e365c6e3d15a84518e39585552.jpg
61a3ffccfca991f2c6f73d7bf2e788a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my baby. [emoji6]

Hey Guys,

That's a really nice one too! I like when they have a lot of white flecks visible like in your 2nd picture above. That's interesting on the greenish tint too. I'll have to look for that feature. Most of mine is either a dark brown or nearly black. This Monarch is very black and goes well with a cordovan sheath whereas my OS Lady works better in a walnut colored sheath.

It probably also helps that you have it sitting next to green stuff in the later pictures too - to pull out that color.

Thanks Jerry. You're swedged Monarch is drop dead sexy, and the OS Lady is gorgeous. I hope I can score an OS Ladyfinger like that someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, it's definitely my favorite bog oak knife out there! :thumbup:

Back