Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Thank you!
The one I have is from '81. So it seems like the construction changed every 4-5 years during this period.

I'd like to see a good photo of the one you have. Showing the liners with the blades open.

I hope these photos show the different construction.
The darker bone and thinner frame, with the gap on the shim, is from '76, the lighter and thicker version (with no play on closed small blade) from '81.
In the open position both blades on both knives have no play and are awesome cutters!

efoDKD7.jpg

VEzegZS.jpg

am7fxdB.jpg

Thanks JB, good idea.
I posted some pictures there a few months ago, but with no focus on these details.
I guess photobucket took them away anyway.

A 3 dot 1977 Case 21051 LSSP lockback. I'm addicted to these, it's my fourth. This one is scratched like it was in a tool box. The important thing is it looks like it was hardly used and the knife will make a great user. It locks up solid with no wobble. I cleaned, oiled, and sharpened it. Now it's a member of the team.IMG_7389~2-1024x726.JPG

joeradza joeradza
Alan, same here..I have three Case SBJ's (single blade CV) in chestnut bone, plus another in dark red jigged bone. Once I find a pattern I like I tend to acquire multiples.

I picked these up at a knife show yesterday, and wanted to include them here.

2000 smooth white bone #49 pattern CV copperhead jack
itFQKOO.jpg

1989 burnt white stag bone #549L pattern copperlock
tBd0b5n.jpg

Great knives Jeff. I have a question and only mean it to be constructive. The first knife you show - the #49 Copperlock - has 5 Xs and 5 dots. Wouldn't that make it a year 2000 knife and not a year 1998 knife? The second knife doesn't have a full deck of Xs and dots. Maybe you switched the years around on the two knives. Not trying to be picky or take away from the knifes. They are great examples of the patterns. Then again maybe I'm just turning into a blind old man.

Last edited:
I edited the dates on your pictures in my quote so as to make them correct. Again, very nice, beautiful examples.

Mini Copperlock from 98 in PW Redbone, nice and dark. A good carry in the pocket as its copperhead keeps the tang from ripping at stuff, not too heavy either but a decent amount of blade with no play. Always wished they would do this knife with a Spear or Drop-Point blade as they would lie lower in the frame making an extremely sleek carry. But CASE seems to avoid Spears except on the Canoe or the new Barlow that Harry showed, a pity I feel.

However, it prompted me to order ANOTHER new CASE:D This time Barehead Slimline Trapper in what's called 'Old Redbone' let's hope it's dark and not lipstick pink :eek:;)

USIm1Mx.jpg

Back