Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Finally bought a Case stockman.

Went with the Case 63090 Standard Knife Co. Equal End Stockman in Natural Bone (jigged, but it didn't say so in the description).

It's a well made knife. The blades all fit together well with no serious rubbing or crowding. It's also a two spring stockman, which I prefer over 3 spring. The secondary blades sit nice and low and don't impede ergonomics, and all three tips sit within the frame. The joints are well sunken and make for a nice feel in hand. The rounded bolsters also make it an easy and comfortable carry, and I find it fits in my watch pockets. The pulls are around a 5 on the secondaries and a 4 on the main, but they all have good snap and I'm happy with them. The bone is jigged in what I think is Case's corncob pattern, and I definitely wish it was smooth natural bone. It's on the smaller end of what I'd want in a stockman, but will be a useful little carry.

MkExgDul.jpg

Cm3aLvml.jpg

MJfD5rFl.jpg

Unfortunately, the other two Case knives I ordered at the same time had to go back. One was a peanut in red sawcut bone and its main blade was so off center it rubbed the liner and both tips were just proud of the frame. The other was a 63047 medium stockman in jade green smooth bone. The covers on this one were INCREDIBLE. But unfortunately its sheepfoot had rough opening, it had some blade rap, and on top of those issues I thought it was a two spring but it was actually a 3 spring.

I've been wanting a Wharncliffe mini Trapper for a while, so finally got one! Bonestag is probably the silliest looking thing Ive seen on a knife, but it feels nice in hand.
On this example the covers are not so thick like ive seen on most with Bonestag, which I'm happy about.
The walk and talk is great, with the pull at about a solid 6. Blades perfectly centered and the edges fairly decent. The only gripe i have are the huge gaps in the wharnie spring side, but its not a deal breaker since the knife is otherwise quite nice. IMG_20180725_154501.jpg

My first time in a Case thread, I have fiddled with a few over the years but nothing ever grabbed me enough to want to keep. I've been eyeballing the Tribal Lock for a while so I finally decided to give it a go... and I love it. I finally found a Case pattern that I dig so I know that there will be at least a couple more added to the drawer.

mfL6q1g.jpg

Dwight, that's a beauty and a great picture as ususal!

That one looks great with the patina on the bolster, as well as the blades. Are you the original owner, Al? I bet it has quite a history.
Thanks, Lance! I'm not the original owner. Whomever it was took good care of it and knew how to sharpen a knife. I love to find old ones like this.

Back