Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by NJBillK, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    Jill has a great eye. Her sheaths have real nice form to them, and are well made:thumbsup:

2. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Looks real nice! First thing I look at is the stitching. If that ain’t right, the whole sheath is crap in my eyes. She looks like a nice straight stitcher :)

jus_gus, Mike157 and Odog27 like this.
  3. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    That's about the fourth sheath I've seen of hers. They are improving so fast it's amazing.
    The only way you could be happier is if you made the knife.

jus_gus, woodysone, Jsega51 and 3 others like this.
  4. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Thank you. Yes, Jill is doing some amazing work!

It would be fun, and a huge challenge, to make a knife like this one. Probably take me about a year:p, with lots of adult supervision, and would still look amateur compared to the CPK team’s work. Certainly, absolutely happy and satisfied with anything I have from them. Mike

jus_gus, woodysone, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  5. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    speaking of Gregories, I just discovered how useful this lil guy is for some parts of the leather bending process
    [​IMG]
    I always knew this knife would have a specific use, other than punching into an armpit

6. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Matt's good people :) I don't know his better half but I have been watching her grow into sheaths on IG, really really nice stuff.

jus_gus, woodysone, Jsega51 and 2 others like this.
  7. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Ha, ha, ha, ha! Though maybe a bit coarse, it kind easily rolls of the tongue :p:p:p

BIGDORK, jus_gus, woodysone and 2 others like this.
  8. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
  9. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    This is a sheath to another knife of mine but the DEK1 slides and locks right in. I’ll have it’s own dedicated sheath made but this works just fine till then.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. jus_gus

jus_gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Got another one of Chad’s @cpirtle excellent shark skins thanks to Eric @fonedork :thumbsup::)
    [​IMG]

11. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

The boot dagger is finally on board in a pair of boots worthy enough. Hand made Wesco's (their "Boss" engineer's boots) custom fit to my measurements. They fit like they were hand stitched on my foot. I ordered them when the knife arrived.

Seemed appropriate in this thread, right?

12. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    those are some nice damn kicks

Odog27, jus_gus, Mike157 and 2 others like this.
  13. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    Those are some damn nice kicks

14. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Beautiful boots, may I asked size?:eek::)

15. SwarthyGnome

SwarthyGnome Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2018
    E72D0B0F-5450-4FB5-80D2-E32FC06749F9.jpeg

While I am not Tony. I think this will help when you tells you the size of his boot.

16. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Thanks.

"Custom" size.

I wear a 12D redwing.

@SwarthyGnome I'm glad if that's your impression. A giant among mere mortals. For all the good that did for Goliath....

17. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Me too. (Bigfoot)

woodysone, Odog27, TRfromMT and 2 others like this.
  18. Icky Thump

Icky Thump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Those are badass

19. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    "lets-see-your-cpk-in-leather" Appropriate indeed :thumbsup:

20. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I plan on making up a sweet boot sheath for my little CPK dag once it arrives, ahem @Nathan the Machinist