Let's see your EDC Busse.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by NJBillK, Apr 29, 2018.

1. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    How's it going folks?

I know most Busse' are on the larger end for EDC, but they have been known to make a few that suit the bill.
    Let's see them, and tell us what it normally does for you.

Mine sees mostly cardboard, yard work, occasional scraping of machine parts to pull labels, cutting plastic film off of an aluminum collector drum, it has also seen A LOT of meat at work, but that is after a thorough cleaning.

The SR101 is surprisingly stain resistant, considering I do/have owned 4 or 5 other blades in 52100. This PR has cut over two thousand pounds of pork butt (opening the packages at speed makes the blade regularly sunk quarter to half way).

2018-04-28 11.38.55.jpg
    I'll take a pic tomorrow showing the patina a bit better.

What's your EDC Busse?
    And what do you do with it?

(The JH Lloyd Sowbelly is my EDC folder, and that also doesn't really rotate since it landed.)

2. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    F4D12A64-144D-4627-877D-40AE5942B365.jpeg

Original edc was a ā€œ Proto ā€œ boss street..

replaced by another boss street ...

The Adamas.. that thing has opened everything from paint cans to bags of cement ..

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  3. honorearth

honorearth Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 29, 2016
    I carry either my tglb and swamp warden as my edc usually but when in town I downsize to the tgm.
    My blades are used for everything from wood splitting and as a prybar to slicing fruit for the kids. 20180429_225117-1470x3024.jpg

4. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo

Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    DreamHawk, MattinLA, Dadpool and 3 others like this.
  5. Adian

Adian

Jul 28, 2013
    My EDC when Iā€™m in the states.

Custom Shop Sus

Attached Files:

BFS, Chingon1988, cpirtle and 3 others like this.
  6. dericdesmond

dericdesmond

Sep 10, 2007
    01357A94-4EA9-4DD0-A206-74201E20F749.jpeg Been carrying a folder more lately but when I fixed blade its my snakeskin active duty that Russ gifted me years ago. Would use it for anything that needed cut, would baton with it if need be. If I manage to aquire an ideal throwing board/stump it will definately get thrown as well. Love the AD and would like to hoard them $ome day.

BFS, Still Voracious, HST and 4 others like this.
  7. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    My true EDC is a folder but my DTBM is always close by strapped to the side of my backpack. 2018-04-30 12.13.47.jpg

8. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    AC6AFAE3-913E-43A9-A733-C43D5CD5FAC5.png

HST, Apocryphiliac, luethge and 2 others like this.
  9. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    Boss Street- Don't actually carry it everyday, but it is probably my most carried. Small enough to be comfortable, but stout enough for "heavy" use. Luckily took some decent pics of it while I had it on me when cutting/stacking up firewood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    HST, luethge, OilMan and 1 other person like this.
  10. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Most often have a Boss Street or Meaner in my backpack, and I throw a Hairy Carry LE in there too that I take to work, along with a folder of choice and a case copper-lock or tiny toothpick in my front right pocket...

Been having a bunker buster hang out in the vehicle for awhile...

NJBillK likes this.
  11. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    NJB - that Lloyd looks really nice...I love good old school folders like that as much as my more modern marvels of material, design and steel.

NJBillK likes this.
  12. NJBillK

Mar 27, 2014
    Thank you.
    I was seeking this exact knife since October 2016, and I finally landed it a littlw bit ago. It was quite a search, but well worth it.

13. BabyPot

BabyPot

Feb 18, 2016
    my AD kicked all my folders since the day i got it. been using it from openning boxes to cutting cakes.

Attached Files:

NJBillK likes this.
  14. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Right now, I EDP (Every Day Pack) the Flak Jack I posted a photo or two of over in the Flak Jack Ding thread. I don't carry it, per se, but pack it in my backpack that I carry with me to the office every day. Haven't cut much with it, yet, other than a little cardboard. But it's a cutter.

luethge and NJBillK like this.
  15. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    I take my TGLB with me EVERY night I walk my dog. I would consider it my EDC :)

[​IMG]

boring, BFS, JackTheKnifeGuy and 7 others like this.
  16. NJBillK

Mar 27, 2014
    Nice HDFK. I am hoping to get my hands on a DEK.

Haven't ever given any thought to cleaning up the grinder gremlins on the TG?

Thankfully I didn't have much at all under the Bronze that my PR was originally dressed in. A few quick passes with 400 to knock down the vertical machining marks on the bevels and I was pretty much done.

17. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't do it!! #savethegremlins

Mike Pierson and NJBillK like this.
  18. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    Yes, I will polish it up a bit this summer. I've spent all my extra time, which isn't much these days, working on my NMFBM. The TGLB was my only fixed blade for a while so I used it for everything. Now that I have a few others, I can get the TGLB lookin' pretty :p

NJBillK likes this.
  19. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I can't see any gremlin marks on that TGLB.

20. NJBillK

Mar 27, 2014
    Maybe they are machine marks, but near the ricasso on the bevel, parallel to the cutting edge, but just below the bevel transition from the flat to bevel.