1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by sunnyd, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    :eek: Thats a lot of steel/metal! Whats that brute weigh in at?

2. PhilL

PhilL

Oct 1, 1999
    Thanks James, I love this knife as well, but the funny thing is I wasn't looking for an old knife when I found it. I was looking for a new Russell stag Bowie on Ebay, when this old Green River came up in the search. I couldn't resist.

Here's the knife I was looking for, nobody had one of these in stock for a very long time.
    [​IMG]

3. hatchetjack

hatchetjack

May 24, 2005
    Here' two of my favorites:

Ranger RD9 and Philippine bolo. These are not collectibles but my everyday beaters.

[​IMG]

4. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    Here is what goes in my pockets most every day. The key knife is what got me interested in David Winston's work.....

[​IMG]

Some more nice goodies on display here. :thumbup:

Bill

5. Amos Iron Wolf

Amos Iron Wolf

Mar 7, 2006
    Nice to see the fixed blade is well represented here. Nice bunch of blades from basic to fancy and points in between.

I'm still planning on sometime in the relatively near future getting a Boker 545HH (Stag). I just like the look of it. It has a Loveless hunter look.

Keep em coming of all kinds. No knife to plain or inexspensive and no knife to fancy or exspensive. If you got and you like it, SHOW IT! :D

6. sunnyd

sunnyd Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 17, 2004
    These knives are pretty powerful BEATERS!. I'm glad I aint the BEAT'IE..:eek: :(

7. Ebbtide

Ebbtide

Aug 20, 1999
    [​IMG]
    Brusletto Nostalgi carbon blade.
    Handle, guard, buttcap & sheath by me :D
    [​IMG]

And if that aint big enough...
    [​IMG]
    8" of forged 5160, ebony and ivory by Bruce Evans JS (from my sketches)
    :D

Fodderwing likes this.
  8. JAlexander

JAlexander

Oct 16, 2003
    I really like that bowie, Ebbtide. It reminds me of the Searles-pattern bowies, and those have always been my favorites.

James

9. jujigatame

jujigatame

Mar 21, 2005
    My fixed blades are mostly tactical, but I have one that should fit here. It's basic in style and it's a user for sure.

Bark River Highland Special. 4" A2 blade, canvas micarta handle. Feels good in hand and cuts great. Made short work of a pile of cardboard boxes earlier this evening.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Ebbtide

Ebbtide

Aug 20, 1999
    Ah, you like the classics.
    Thank you.
    How about this one?
    [​IMG]
    (Also by Bruce Evans)

11. sunnyd

Jul 17, 2004
    Excellent old style classic Bowie's there guys!.:) Nice choices..:thumbup:

Here is a smaller Bowie by Raymond Richard that I picked up about 6 years or so ago. This knife was one of a two piece set, if memory serves. This was back when his prices were pretty reasonable. I probably should have picked them both up at that time now that I think about it, because he currently commands higher premiums. The blade is hi-carbon spring steel just shy of 4 1/4 inches with a wrought iron double guard and butt plate w/lanyard ring and stablized deer leg bone handle. Total length is 8 1/4 overall. This is another one that stays in the fixed blade EDC rotation. This steel takes and holds an edge with no complaints whatsoever. I don't know if I mentioned this already, so I will apologize in advance, but I love my fixed blades for two basic reasons in general: (1)Typically larger blade size than most slip-joints.. (2)Larger fatter handles that fits into my hands comfortably.:D

[​IMG]

12. sunnyd

Jul 17, 2004
    If you are referring the Ruana 30-A Bowie, it is about average for that size modern Bowie, 2 lbs perhaps. The key for a large fighting Bowie is its balance proportionate to its blade weight and overall weight which this knife does possess. This is important for the application of target striking capability and damage ratio when properly administered..

13. JAlexander

JAlexander

Oct 16, 2003
    Very, very nice. Bruce does beautiful work.

I don't s'pose any of y'all have any of Bailey Bradshaw's work?

James

14. GerberGuy

GerberGuy

Jul 14, 2006
    WOW. I need a bowie now!

15. tobyrogers

tobyrogers

Oct 8, 2005
    I hope this fits.I collect Schrade fixed blades so what else would I show.Their 171UHs with birdshead pommel.Getting a little hard to find.Arnold

16. ClintB

ClintB Banned BANNED

Dec 17, 2005
    That Ruana is AWESOME

Here's my 'sticker', Benchmade Delta Raider
    [​IMG]

17. Amos Iron Wolf

Amos Iron Wolf

Mar 7, 2006
    Toby,

Hey Neighbor! Nice old Uncles! Usually I see lots of Golden Spikes, or Old Timer Sharpfingers. It is nice to see those.

Btw, I live just outside of SA in Castroville.

All y'all showing off them bowies is just inciting folks to get bowies of their own. Want to hear something sad. The Texas Penal Code considers bowies to be a prohibited weapon, as are tomahawks which are considered "Clubs." With the very history of Texas tied up with the name Bowie, isn't that just spitten on Alamo and the men who died there? Yes, you can still buy them and have them at home, but for "collecting" purposes. So you can have them, but it is still on the prohibited list. :p

I think that may be reason enough to start looking for a bowie for the herd.

18. tobyrogers

tobyrogers

Oct 8, 2005
    Here's another I like.Texas has some weird laws as does San Antonio.I carry a n LB7 I've carried since they started making them.Its illegal here. Anyway Hey Neighbor.There seems to be a lot of us in this area.We need to set up a get together.Forgot to add this, is a 166 Buffalo Bill.Arnold

19. Amos Iron Wolf

Amos Iron Wolf

Mar 7, 2006
    Yep, Cisneros ordinance that made us all safer from gangs by outlawing lockbacks! Growl.

Yep, a get together sounds good. My email addy is: [email protected]

I've got a soft spot for thing Buffalo Bill. My first BB gun was a Daisy Buffalo Bill Commemerative, lever action. Later, till somone talked me out of it, I had a Winchester Buffalo Bill Commemorative in .38-55. It got shot btw. ;)

Man, speaking of old BB Guns, I need the Daisy Colt Peacemaker my uncle had when I was a kid. That would to just great with my Imperial fixed blade and my regular, and tired looking Daisy lever gun. That would make a kid at heart kit!

20. tobyrogers

tobyrogers

Oct 8, 2005
    Amos, bring your knife down to the Schrade forum.Someone should be able to date it.We had a recent thread about Outers which I think your knife is.Arnold