Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

A superb all around hunter / skinner / caper knife forged by G. L. Drew with ats-34. Mr. Drew is one of our own here at bf.com and quite a talented knife maker. I own several of his knives now and I am quite pleased with them. This one is new and has just seen some kitchen duty thus far, however a hog hunt is in the cards and will soon be its next venue.:D

000_1028.jpg

Sorry about the poorly lit picture..:eek:

One more from Bruce Evans
stetdamas.gif

His signature "Frontier" Damascus (including a ballpeen hammer, barn door hinge, some socket wrenches and no, not the kitchen sink), cowbone & N/S guard.

Mitch - really like that scagel on the right. Real character, just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Great stuff folks!

How about one more utility/slicer for the kitchen?

24509xh.jpg

Bill

WOW..:eek: Ebbtide & El Lobo,

Absolutely terrific couple of fixed blade classics!!. Sweet,, guys,, Sweet!:thumbup: :cool:

another great collection of knives- my thanks to everyone for posting :)

OK then Guys & Gals,

Howz about my custom Stek double edged fighter with 7.5 inch basket weave Damascus blade that is razor sharp.. The guard and pommel are also Damascus. The handle is round stock (he, he, haw, :D )Oosik and is cured to a gorgeous Maple brown color that was found in the perma frost of Alaska. The spacers are black buffalo horn, jade, red jet and nickle silver.

000_1029.jpg

Damn, sunnyd, that's gorgeous!
If I were a riverboat gambler in 1800s Georgia, that is what I'd like to have on my hip. :D

sunnyd said:
...The handle is round stock (he, he, haw, :D )Oosik and is cured to a gorgeous Maple brown color that was found in the perma frost of Alaska.

Does it make a "schwinggg!!!!" sound when you whip it around? Don't let Lorena near that thing! Lawsy, I gotta stop, too many comments running round in my haid, and not a one of em good! :D

Darn good looking knife though.

Ebbtide said:
This is a great thread :D

Agreed. Great thread. I just picked this one up awhile back. Had a chance to use it a little.

L6 band-saw steel w/ a patina. Hickory scales. Light weight and a great slicer.

Amos Iron Wolf said:
Does it make a "schwinggg!!!!" sound when you whip it around? Don't let Lorena near that thing! Lawsy, I gotta stop, too many comments running round in my haid, and not a one of em good! :D

YIKES,,:eek:..yes Ms. Bobbets knife of choice, no doubt..:rolleyes: :p :D.. Good One Amos!.:thumbup:.. And yes, she does whistle while she works.

Thanks to all for the compliments. This one is an all time favorite of mine, no doubt about it. Its extremely well balanced and subsequently is wielded in the hand with very little effort. This Damascus is a joy to sharpen and keeps an edge for great lengths of time. It cuts and cleaves with ease and devours the target with just one well placed strike because of the additional secondary deadly back-cut thanks to the sharpened top edge. A fine weapon all around.

tarmix101 said:
Agreed. Great thread. I just picked this one up awhile back. Had a chance to use it a little.

L6 band-saw steel w/ a patina. Hickory scales. Light weight and a great slicer.

Great looking cutter tarmix! Good old honest tool steel and lots of belly in the design. I absolutely love Hickory, and for some reason it is so rarely ever used as handle material. I've often wondered why that is.. BTW, Who is the maker of this little gem?

Amos Iron Wolf said:

HAA-hahaha, I just looked up the term "oosik."
teeheeheeheehee

sunnyd said:
Great looking cutter tarmix! Good old honest tool steel and lots of belly in the design. I absolutely love Hickory, and for some reason it is so rarely ever used as handle material. I've often wondered why that is.. BTW, Who is the maker of this little gem?

Thanks sunnyd:thumbup: . The maker is ML knives. No one around here seems to know who He is... neither did I until I ran accost his ebay store. Reference his web site here:
http://www.mlknives.com/KnifeHome.html

puukkoman said:
HAA-hahaha, I just looked up the term "oosik."
teeheeheeheehee

I did as well. Put's a whole new swing on the thread huh. If I call my boss a "floppy oosik" ya think he will know.

tarmix101 said:
I did as well. Put's a whole new swing on the thread huh. If I call my boss a "floppy oosik" ya think he will know.

Only one way to find out! :D

I didn't say it was a good way, just one way.

I have heard of ML Knives. He has been around for a pretty long while now on the Internet. He was making mostly period pieces for lots of different folks.. For reenactors, films, etc. as I recall.

Your knife looks very sweet indeed.. Man, I just love that Hickory! I bet that L-6 cuts like the dickens too.. And those Hickory scales.. BTW, Did I mention I just love Hickory:rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbup:

Back