1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Let's see your Kardas!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Odaon, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Definitely! Blood604 deserves a medal for that post!

2. willic

willic Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    There are some GREAT pictures in this post! Andy's Karda's are fantastic detail knives! I keep an ED Karda in my woodworking tool chest and always carry some form or FB Karda when I think I may do some whittling!

-Will

3. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    "New" 3 Finger Karda and ED Karda

[​IMG]

4. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Awesome picture! Those are the two models I'm highly considering for my EDC.

5. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Love all the Kardas! Here are my current two. I'm always on the look out for the right EDK.

[​IMG]

M4Super90 likes this.
  6. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Kris, that Bushcraft Karda is super cool!

7. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Some very nice looking knives here.

I'm still waiting for the right one to come up. Not sure what it is yet but when I see it I'll know!

8. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Gold Member

Aug 26, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Scotcha

Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Nice!!!!!! :love-struck:

10. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Thats a cool rig M4Super90

11. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Old school Karda and her best friend. They fight like siblings over who gets carried.

[​IMG]

burnside and TrainedBullets like this.
  12. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    beautiful. i love this karda. :thumbup:

13. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    So, about 2 months ago, Phillip aka Vance lent me his EDK, Every Day Karda, to test out. I carried it nearly every day for the time that I had it in my possession. It really is a great every day knife just like the name implies. I wanted to get more pics of the knife, especially more in use pics but I was unable to that. I'm absolutely horrible at in use pics. However, I did get some comparison shots with other EDC knives that I carry often. I'll post them below.

I'd like to say a few quick words about the knife first. It's a fantastic edc knife. A lot of folks don't like the handle to be bigger then the blade but for an edc I don't find it a problem. The balance feels just fine and with a little extra handle you get really good control of the blade. It's perfect for any edc chores. Cutting boxes or line, such as paracord, zip ties, bubble packaging and more. Having a handle with good purchase and a slightly smaller blade make all those cuts very easy and safe. I also find that a knife with a blade that is smaller then the handle gets way less attention when used in front of strangers. It seems far less intimidating and more utilitarian to the general public. I also made a few feather sticks and did some carving with the knife and it performed great in those tasks as well. I really like the pointy blade. I usually prefer pointy knives. For me they preform detail work better and, as Mist has pointed out in the past, come in handy for things like removing splinters or thorns and cleaning under your fingernails.

Phillip sent me the knife with a Condos pocket sheath which worked great. However, when I get my own I'll probably be using a belt sheath with it. It's just a little too big for my pocket. For pocket carry I'll stick to my Old School Karda or Esquire. The slimmer handle profiles of those knives just work better for me as far as pocket carry goes.

I carried my OS Karda a lot after sharking it so when Phillip offered to lend me his EDK I just couldn't refuse. I really wanted to see what the Karda blade profile would be like with a larger handle. I definitely was not disappointed. It's a truly great combination and a great knife. It will surely be my next purchase when the right one pops up somewhere. I'm also very curious about the BC Karda and will probably be on the look out for one of those as well. I would definitely recommend this knife if you're looking for a great edc. :thumbup:

Here's some comparison pics with other edc sized knives. I didn't line the knives up spot on but you can see that the EDK is slightly smaller then the HB and EDCII. Same blade size as the OS Karda. I included some in hand shots of the edc knives as well. For reference I wear a size large glove.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and hopefully this helps. :D

burnside likes this.
  14. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    awesome. thanks for the review Jim. and, i love seeing the comparison photos! :thumbup:

15. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    That is one great looking blade. The wood and blue liner combination goes together perfectly. I have been on the look out for a Karda like this one for a while.
    I do have an osage EDK that is due to arrive here on Friday. I am pretty excited to get that one.

16. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Thank you sir!

The ironwood on this one has darkened considerably with age/sun/use...and my regular Howard's Wax treatment.

I love this little knife!

17. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Glad to run across this post as a new EDKarda owner. I've been alternating between the Karda and the Pygmy since I took delivery. The problem is Now I kinda want a sheath that can carry both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

Jim,
    oddly enough after looking at my pic, i prefer a belt sheath as well.

ps
    it's nice to have a "Allen". back to scary scandi sharp in about 30 seconds on the BURR KING
    [​IMG]

varga49 likes this.
  19. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Yeah. The pocket sheath worked fine but in certain pants, especially jeans, it rendered the pocket useless except for the knife. Once flannel season ends that would drive me crazy. [emoji3]

The knife looks awesome. I definitely need to get me one of those "Allens". [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burnside likes this.