Let's see your Osprey K/T

Thanks Eric! I put you in the "Leads" column for that knife in my spreadsheet but I gotta say that it is just soooo nice. The "Sell" column for that Mamushi has a "Hell no" but stranger things have happened before. :D

Likewise, congrats on your Koa pair too. I ought to change my Avatar from that CF Raptor because I sold it even though I loved it a bunch. But I decided to strongly consider parting with knives that I wasn't going to carry and that one was just so dang pointy and sharp and pointy and sharp that I could easily see it going through the sheath and into my leg if I ever fell the wrong way. Although its a great kitchen knife, I just don't keep the 'spensive custom knives in the kitchen and am most likely to reach for what is on my belt at the time.

- Jerry
Thanks for putting me on the "SELL? HELL NO" list. LOL. If I had that one, it wouldn't go anywhere that's for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The Koa Pair is outstanding and I would agree with you. they are vey thin, sharp and pointy. Something I'll have to watch out for. When you had yours, did you have a sheath? if so, who put that together for you?
I fear that these are so nice that they will not be my first grab either.

Thanks for putting me on the "SELL? HELL NO" list. LOL. If I had that one, it wouldn't go anywhere that's for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The Koa Pair is outstanding and I would agree with you. they are vey thin, sharp and pointy. Something I'll have to watch out for. When you had yours, did you have a sheath? if so, who put that together for you?
I fear that these are so nice that they will not be my first grab either.

Yeahhhh, that sounds funny when you put it that way.

I had carried the Raptor in a Joufuu 4"er Narrowed shown -here- but Mr. Pool was hardly affected by the Raptor because of how thin it is. So I kept him and he's now permanently paired with one of my Bushfingers. I have some of Bud's sheaths for sale and one of them is a 4"er Narrowed which has the exact same dimensions as Deadpool. Just did price adjustments this morning too ... Joufuu Flea Market Post 107.

Narrowed 4"er, 6-7oz leather, Ambidextrous carry, Medium Brown w/braided stitching, Vertical/Horizontal belt loop
Fits: KE Bushie, Asp, Recluse, Kephart, Ladyfinger
like new $70

Btw, I prefer Bud's HB-2 ambi sheath when it comes to the Mamushi.

BuckeyeMamushiHB2-vi.jpg

Thanks for the trading Jerry! (and to you Chris for making this beast) Badass doesn't even begin to describe this knife. Look... that fly landed on this magical piece of steel and died instantly

36659262655_a847f4dff7_c.jpg
I really like this picture Danny! Thank you for posting it here, I have never had the experience of eating one of these mushrooms and I like mushrooms.

^11 lbs 4oz.! Wow that's a big baby. Congratulations on the newest member of the family. :)

Always cool to see your Starry Night EDC too, even in black & white stealth mode.

Phil

^11 lbs 4oz.! Wow that's a big baby. Congratulations on the newest member of the family. :)

Always cool to see your Starry Night EDC too, even in black & white stealth mode.

Phil

Thank you Phil. The size was even a shock to the doctor. They say each new baby is progressively bigger, and so far this has been true for us. My wife might be done after this one...

Thank you Phil. The size was even a shock to the doctor. They say each new baby is progressively bigger, and so far this has been true for us. My wife might be done after this one...
Might be ..

Congrats!! So was the Dr or the US Tech more right? :)

Osprey Knife & Tool Apache paired with a Diomedes Industries X-carry sheath with dragon scale tooling and blue thread.(and a Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger sneaking in the picture).
9xYDm7v.jpg

Thats a Handsome setup there! I remember making this knife, all the way down to how the wood felt underneath the file. It is funny that I remember almost every knife I have made, I wouldn't say I have a photographic memory, but I feel like when someone puts as much of themselves into their work as I do, it becomes a piece of you and each one has it own personality during the process, kinda of like raising kids, some come together very easily without much effort while other need a little bit of coaxing and a few leaving me a little frustrated sometimes.

Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:
Back