Let's see your Osprey K/T

No ugly box cutters here

36891744861_07e479ab92_c.jpg

By now many of you have seen images of this awesome FL Gator's Themed Trail Hand on Chris's Instagram account. Chris and I first discussed this design concept over a year ago. I have to acknowledge Ky Medic's Kentucky themed knife as the original inspiration, and my wife for asking if Chris could possibly build a handle using FL Gator colors. They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach so when Susan learned that one of Chris's favorite deserts was Rice Pudding she went to work and whipped up an original Danish recipe which we shared with Chris during a visit to the FB shop. The rest they say is history.....I figured that either Chris really likes a challenge or he can't say no to Rice Pudding !

J6HGOE0.jpg

I may be wrong, however I believe this is one of the most complex pinstripe configurations that Chis has crafted to date:

7Q55zMq.jpg

Whether you're a Gator fan or possibly a Denver Bronco's fan, I believe that the handle on this knife is a glowing testament to the skill & craftsmanship that Chris has poured into one of his signature styles. I for one am grateful for his willingness to take on a challenge and for the attention to detail that he applies to his craft. One can only imagine what exciting things will come out of his new shop once things are up & running.

On a side note, the backdrop to these photos is a small piece of a large Oak tree that we lost during Hurricane Irma. The devastation that this storm caused locally is hard to describe. Given that our county experienced 50% more rainfall this year leading up to the hurricane, weakening the root systems, the amount of vegetative debris is estimated to be 4 million cubic yards. Four times the debris caused by Hurricane Wilma. To date only 157,000 cubic yards of debris have been cleared so we have a long, long way to go.

Peter

The Gator (Bronco) themed Trailhand is sweet!! I'm a fan of the Broncos, though admittedly, I don't watch much college ball.

That knife came together amazingly! Definitely a testament to the skill Chris has at his craft. :thumbsup:

Back