Let's see your Osprey K/T

Several months back I posted a comment in this forum that I would like to see some thicker handles offered occasionally. Not all, just some.

That was back before your Vildmark model was released. I am very pleased with the handle on the one I just picked up from you. It is thicker than the handle on my K Apache. That gives me options which knife is better to choose for specific tasks.

Thanks Chris for another great all-around design and beautiful craftsmanship. :thumbsup:

Phil

Blueberries are beginning to ripen here in Georgia...
48116026707_c3acde4a42_h.jpg

Several months back I posted a comment in this forum that I would like to see some thicker handles offered occasionally. Not all, just some.

That was back before your Vildmark model was released. I am very pleased with the handle on the one I just picked up from you. It is thicker than the handle on my K Apache. That gives me options which knife is better to choose for specific tasks.

Thanks Chris for another great all-around design and beautiful craftsmanship. :thumbsup:

Phil

Blueberries are beginning to ripen here in Georgia...
48116026707_c3acde4a42_h.jpg

Warthog badassery. Seems to be my water knife. It's going back to Florida next month and again in August.

I don't think I am getting all my email alerts. Somehow I missed some of these.
Thank you for sharing! this is always the most enjoyable part of my work, when you guy's post up and share pictures of the knives in your day to day lives and uniqe perspectives!

Awesome photos Guy's! Comprehensivist Comprehensivist , Bmurray Bmurray , R RobbieB do you guy's mind if I post these pictures on Instagram and Facebook?

do you guy's mind if I post these pictures on Instagram and Facebook?
You’re more than welcome to use mine.

I went through a few months when I wasn’t getting email alerts either. I reported it in the Tech subforum, but never heard anything about it. Then a few weeks back, I began getting them. Over the last few days, I’ve stopped receiving them again.

Comprehensivist Comprehensivist i love that Vildmark.

Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool I would love to see something similar to vildmark but less height of a blade

Hey Bob,

Your comment about wanting to see a Vildmark with a shorter blade height got me curious about what you are thinking. Are you suggesting a change to the overall size or just the blade height for some specific purpose? Either way, please expand on what you are thinking.

Just for kicks, I did some side-by-side comparisons between the Vildmark and a Fiddleback Bush Hermit because I know that you like that model (as do I.)

Vildmark Bush Hermit
OAL: 8.515” 8.745”
Handle Length: 4.700” 4.790”
Blade Length: 3.815” 3.955”
Blade Height: 1.270” 1.310”
Blade Thickness: .149” .120”
Weight: 5.18 oz. 5.36 oz.

The Vildmark is slightly more compact than the Bush Hermit. I like the fact that the Vildmark comes guardless (I removed the guard extension on my BH.) The Vildmark’s thicker handle with tapered flats on the front end feels great to me. The blade-to-handle ratio and overall size seem well balanced to me as an all around field knife.

I guess I could sum up my thoughts by saying that I think the existing proportions of the Vildmark are “just right” as designed.

Again, I am curious what you are proposing or trying to accomplish with a modified blade height? Do tell Mr. Big Deal. :thumbsup:

Phil

Things got super busy so I haven't had much opportunity to put my new custom ordered Warthog through it's paces, but at least I can console myself by admiring how pretty it is while out on a hike.
50202281703_cf5351d2e8_k.jpg

50203086372_60aa34b295_k.jpg

50202821686_67fe0d78f8_k.jpg
Those are some great photos!I am happy you like it, I love seeing these, Thank you for sharing!

Things got super busy so I haven't had much opportunity to put my new custom ordered Warthog through it's paces, but at least I can console myself by admiring how pretty it is while out on a hike.
50202281703_cf5351d2e8_k.jpg

50203086372_60aa34b295_k.jpg

50202821686_67fe0d78f8_k.jpg

Very nice, what is the blade thickness?

Back