Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Al:

I believe your Ulster Dwight Divine & Sons scout knife is identical to mine (see post #2) in the thread. Yours is in a little better shape, though. ;-)

Yep, same one. DD's first version of the BSA knife. Later versions have a longer bottle opener and threaded bolsters.

Wow, nice collection every one of those is fantastic. The cat with the compass shield is particularly interesting. Haven't seen one like that before, and it looks like it came that way from the factory.

Thanks PG! Designed by Ol' Tint himself. Here's a Link to Tint Champlin's patent in PDF

Great Scouts Al:thumbup::cool::thumbup:

Thanks, Paul :)

Was looking at a certain online site and saw quite a few Kissing Crane Scout knives in green jigged bone. Who makes them for them?

_20170118_185811_zps5pgmdgpf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Old Robeson and a couple old Camillus.

The Farmer was my go to camp knife for years. When I got seriously into collecting traditional scouts, I fell head over heals for the Camillus saw scouts. I prefer the grip and the main blade on the saw scouts. The saw is pretty good too. And I'll take a sheepsfoot secondary blade over a can opener any day of the week.

The C4 is relatively easy to find on auction for a reasonable price, and has a great tool compliment, if you don't mind removing the scallops from the sheepsfoot blade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are my whites...Ulster deluxe 5 blade, and a 3 blade Camillus cub scout

Like those white jigged handles, Steve. :cool: (Not sure why, since I'd get them quite grimy in no time at all. :rolleyes:)

Have the Camillus c4 (darn no etch on the main) along with a Colonial Forest Master

Untitled by swaybacksteve, on Flickr
Another cool pair of scouts, Steve! :thumbup: The Camillus c4 has been on my radar since I first saw Buzzbait's, and my very first knife, back in about 1960, was a Forest-Master. Yours has faux jigged bone, it appears, while mine is supposed to be faux stag. Here it is:
pXfUE8S.jpg

Recently picked up this Marbles:
deRN9MZ.jpg

Gave away a Rough Rider in amber jigged bone and replaced it with this red jigged bone model:
vMDClCl.jpg

Picked up this Girl Scout knife at a flea market while I was on vacation a couple of summers back:
4SYw7WW.jpg

Also have a Boy Scout knife (thanks, Paul):
0Lzgu26.jpg

Does this Sheffield count?
pKazHsr.jpg

Then there are all my Vic SAKs. I consider them all to be scout knives "at heart", but I suspect many here would object. :p

- GT

Picked up this Girl Scout knife at a flea market while I was on vacation a couple of summers back:
4SYw7WW.jpg

- GT

I like that Girl Scout knife. I've never seen one before. I will have to look into those. How very neat.

GT: Thanks for noticing the small things that set some of these scouts apart. The more I look into the scout...the more I see variants, even within the relatively new ones. Camillus made so many knives under contract...really a shame they went under. And like Bussbait, the C4 is one of my favorites...along with the Remingtons.
I think that a multi blade knife for multiple uses beyond cutting counts as a scout, so the Sheffield is in. And the Girl Scouts I have noticed had smooth pale green scales, those jigged ones have a nice hue of green. looks like "deanna" took pretty good care of it.:p:thumbup:

Back