Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

The lack of a second blade on a traditional scout design is the one thing I don't like about it. I always want that extra small blade for detail work and digging out splinters.
But the punch/awl comes in so daRn handy!
It is the most used blade on my scout knives.
There are a lot of thorns/sandburrs around here that attack my bicycle tyres ... year round ... especially when there be snow on the ground for them to hide in ... :(
The punch/awl works better than the can opener for digging them out.

But the punch/awl comes in so daRn handy!
It is the most used blade on my scout knives.
There are a lot of thorns/sandburrs around here that attack my bicycle tyres ... year round ... especially when there be snow on the ground for them to hide in ... :(
The punch/awl works better than the can opener for digging them out.

I love the punch too. It's a great tool that I use contantly. I think what I need is a way to replace all of my can openers with small coping blades. That would make the scout tool compliment perfect.

You guys with your vintage bone handled Scout knives have annoyed me to the point I’ve finally decided to do something about it....

B577-FC05-3-DD1-4-CB7-B71-D-28529-FC5-B24-F.jpg

A1-F9-B229-4-CF5-4-DAC-A40-A-B9-BC3-FF41437.jpg

29-E3-DCA4-8-A83-4-CE4-B71-B-00-E24-F4-DD618.jpg

Terrific pull and snap on everything. The only issues, if you could even call them issues, the tip was rounded. I’m guessing it got broken off. And the initials carved on the bolster and name on the bottle opener. But dang is this thing solid. Now I know why Buzzbait Buzzbait and veitsi_poika veitsi_poika and a few of you others are so fanatical about these vintage Scout knives. I blame you guys for my daughter’s dwindling inheritanceo_O

And the initials carved on the bolster and name on the bottle opener.

Interesting. Whoever once owned that knife wasn't taking any chances!!! :eek:

But it's a beauty. Looks to be in great condition. That USA shield stamp is still quite visible. The main blade looks very full. Rings on the bolsters are nice and deep. You might even be able to take down those initials a bit without losing the ring. The bone looks to be in great shape too.

Well done. Every collection should have a good scout knife.

The engineer knives are definitely solid, built to stand the test of time, as well as the rigors of military use. The Kingston engineer knives (tang stamped MADE IN U.S.A.) are even more solid than the Camillus versions. They're like small tanks. Extremely robust and beefy.

Yy39RmDh.jpg

Zfsmezy.jpg

You guys with your vintage bone handled Scout knives have annoyed me to the point I’ve finally decided to do something about it....

B577-FC05-3-DD1-4-CB7-B71-D-28529-FC5-B24-F.jpg

A1-F9-B229-4-CF5-4-DAC-A40-A-B9-BC3-FF41437.jpg

29-E3-DCA4-8-A83-4-CE4-B71-B-00-E24-F4-DD618.jpg

Terrific pull and snap on everything. The only issues, if you could even call them issues, the tip was rounded. I’m guessing it got broken off. And the initials carved on the bolster and name on the bottle opener. But dang is this thing solid. Now I know why Buzzbait Buzzbait and veitsi_poika veitsi_poika and a few of you others are so fanatical about these vintage Scout knives. I blame you guys for my daughter’s dwindling inheritanceo_O
I like it! :D:thumbsup:

Reactions: 315
Nice Knives everyone,
Thanks Charlie, at times Early Schrade Jigg work got hard to define at times when the Pic Bone starts to get to close to dishing.

315, Nice Knife - I agree with what Buzz said, those Bolsters are pretty Meaty - you should get most of that out! Lovely Bone!

Buzz, nice example and you are so right- those knives are Tanks! Hard to imagine that these knives ( Kingston's, Camillus ) were pumped out to such a large number!

Nice Solingen so sharp - nice to see! so too is Kevins Schrade Scout!

I found this one for sale at a very reasonable price thru a knife dealer a few months back. Probably not so much a collectors item but has sentimental value to me as this is from my home council when I was a scout back in the early 70's. Not sure if you'd consider this a true scout knife as it has a corkscrew for the wine drinking scout. Wood scales, walnut?, Imperial Ireland made and in excellent condition and smooth blade action. Not gonna be an user for me but more of a mantle display for reminiscing about my long past younger days.View attachment 1118606 View attachment 1118608

I found this one for sale at a very reasonable price thru a knife dealer a few months back. Probably not so much a collectors item but has sentimental value to me as this is from my home council when I was a scout back in the early 70's. Not sure if you'd consider this a true scout knife as it has a corkscrew for the wine drinking scout. Wood scales, walnut?, Imperial Ireland made and in excellent condition and smooth blade action. Not gonna be an user for me but more of a mantle display for reminiscing about my long past younger days.View attachment 1118606 View attachment 1118608
I think it is a fine example of a scout knife :):thumbsup: Those corkscrews have other uses, I use it to pre-drill a hole in leather before I use the punch :D

Back