Let's see your W.A. Surls Knife!

I always make sure to give my boys something I like in case I need to "borrow" it. :cool:

I can't even bring a new knife into the house without my boys "calling it" before I even unwrapped it. I consistently have to remind them that I'm not actually dead yet. And then both of them smile menacingly! It's just a little bit unsettling. For them actually, since I'm the one with the knife in my hand.

Seriously though, I made the mistake of telling my eldest he could pick a knife when he went away to college. He immediately chose my Grail bog oak Huntsman. I wanted to cry...

I can't even bring a new knife into the house without my boys "calling it" before I even unwrapped it. I consistently have to remind them that I'm not actually dead yet. And then both of them smile menacingly! It's just a little bit unsettling. For them actually, since I'm the one with the knife in my hand.

Seriously though, I made the mistake of telling my eldest he could pick a knife when he went away to college. He immediately chose my Grail bog oak Huntsman. I wanted to cry...

I've taken a different approach. I have a shoe box with knives with matching sheaths. The rule is "one in, one out". That way we keep passing them around and they get used. Once they get tired of one (or they dull it) they can drop it and take another. Of course I have my "only mine" knives too and that "special stash" only the postman knows about.

Remind them that one is mine when you stroke out. I love that knife and can’t wait. Lol

In case anyone wonders why some of us are so obsessed with Bog Oak, here ya go. The blade on the right was my first Surls, hand delivered at Trackrock. And damn these look good in the snow!

20180117_130148-vi.jpg

20180117_125716-vi.jpg

I caught it, it was entertaining.... he gave us a new shop tour, answered questions, and showed some blanks he was working on. He did not say the thickness and they went by so quickly that my untrained eye could not differentiate the sizes.

He’s also working on a 3/32” minuteman. Did anyone catch Allen live tonight on Instagram? I missed it.

I didn't catch it live but got to watch a bit of it afterwards and he flashed a Minuteman blank momentarily, and did a shout out to you. :)

He’s also working on a 3/32” minuteman. Did anyone catch Allen live tonight on Instagram? I missed it.
Quite a few of us caught that last night. Was great to see the shop, seen some blanks and Allen answered some questions for me as well. Then @VANCE popped on and all hell broke loose. Could have made that a big party if we all lived within a few minutes of that!! LOL Would have been a good time for sure! They were trying to get ahold of you Bmurray Bmurray

Quite a few of us caught that last night. Was great to see the shop, seen some blanks and Allen answered some questions for me as well. Then @VANCE popped on and all hell broke loose. Could have made that a big party if we all lived within a few minutes of that!! LOL Would have been a good time for sure! They were trying to get ahold of you Bmurray Bmurray
Yea I know. I had a sick household and was hobbling around trying to cook for the boys.

Back