Let's talk alcohol and tobacco...

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
Not beer and cigs, I'm talking about cigars and liquor. I'm a big time cigar smoker. My favorite cigars are Fuente Hemmingways and Esteban Carerras Churchills. I try everything, but usually alternate between those two. The bigger the gauge the better. As far as beverage, I prefer a good Glenlivet or McCallan. Sometimes I like a good brandy and every once in a while I dabble in some decent grappas. What do you guys like?

I tried for years to like scotch, never happened. I REALLY tried. Now I know why it never came to be.... I like bourbon, a lot. I keep a bottle of Woodford around.
I like Eagle Reserve as well. I was given a bottle of Vintage 21 and its good but I doubt I could bring myself to paying 90 bucks for a bottle of booze.

Im not a smoker, though I do like a cigar. I cant finish a man sized one, sorry Che.

Im way into vintage cocktails though. The Sazerac is one of my favorites and when I want to get a solid buzz I make a Seelbach.

I'm partial to the macallan 12 or 18, for big ring cigars, i'm thinking Nub habanos or maduros, both around 64? Personally, Im a fan of the El Cobre and pretty much anything from Oliva.

Alec Bradley, Really like the SCR in robusto/toro. Just because I never have more than about 30 or 40 mins to finish one. I liked the punch I cant remeber which one but I really liked it, I know what it looks like tho. I really want to try the upper cut but dont want to drop the cash for a case and not like it. My brick and mortar dont carry it. And I want to try the CAO Americana just b/c it looks really cool. I prefer a toro ring 48 to 52 or 53

Just came across this thread as I an at this moment smoking a Partagas cigar and sipping on a rock glass of Glenmorangie 'Quinta Ruban' (port cask 12 y/o) Scotch.

Just livin' and lovin' in beautiful Louisiana!

I don't smoke cigars, but Glenmorangie 18yr scotch is my beverage of choice when I can find it. Other than that, I like Johnnie Walker Black Label and maker's mark.

I prefer cigars over liquor, but still occasionally enjoy the latter! As far as cigars go, my favorites (right now) are Joya De Nicaragua Cabinetta, Cabaiguan (made by Pete Johnson of Tatuaje), Ashton Cabinet, Cubao, etc...

As far as liquor, I like Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey, Patron Anejo, and 10 Cane Rum...

Yo Dyl some McCallan??? Next you will tell me you like to listen to RUSH:D

I dont smoke or drink that much, but when I do I enjoy a nice Avo, I get them here locally in Orlando at Corona's.

For alcohol, i am very picky, just my nature. I drink either PATRON ANEJO for tequila or HENNESY XO for Congac. I like scotch a bit, but I have to be honest not much of a fancy single malt guy, i tend to like simple Blue Label Johnny Walker.

Ok, so now you will know what i will be doing on the beach in Panama next month after a full day of fishing. Hennesy and a Avo chillin. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yo Dyl some McCallan??? Next you will tell me you like to listen to RUSH:D

I dont smoke or drink that much, but when I do I enjoy a nice Avo, I get them here locally in Orlando at Corona's.

For alcohol, i am very picky, just my nature. I drink either PATRON ANEJO for tequila or HENNESY XO for Congac. I like scotch a bit, but I have to be honest not much of a fancy single malt guy, i tend to like simple Blue Label Johnny Walker.

Ok, so now you will know what i will be doing on the beach in Panama next month after a full day of fishing. Hennesy and a Avo chillin. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nice. Thats the way to wind down after a day of fishing right there. :thumbup:

i don't do much in the alcohol or tobacco arenas, but i make up for that deficit in the firearms section! :D

ok, i did try some McCallan and it was good stuff! but that was at a free tasting party hosted by Austin Martin at the Foundation Room in the MAndalay Bay. it was a very Bond, James Bond affair.

the booze was free, and i didn't run out and see what a bottle of it costs afterwards.

Last edited:
I like wine, rum, martinis, and beer. Cigars I'm just getting into, so suggestions are welcome!!!

I like all forms of liquor besides rum. I had way too many bad experiences in high school with rum. My favorite is brandy and right now specifically Buffalo Trace. But at $25 a fifth and now much I drink through partying in college I can not afford it much. So I drink Jim Beam or Kentucky Gentleman most of the time.

Well, for me there's nothing like a glass of Laphroaig or Ardbeg. I just love that smokey flavour.
As for tobacco, I tried more brands but what really works for me are Villa Zamorano Robustos.

The two worst tricks the Irish played on the Scots ... bagpipes and the wrong recipe for whiskey.:D
I'm partial to Irish single malts mostly Jameson Master Reserve being my fave. When I'm in the mood for something rougher I like Balvenie Doublewood, Laphroig & Lagavulin.

I'm a beer guy but every now and then I sit back with a vodka martini or a white Russian. As for cigars my two favorites right now are the CAO MX2 and the Punch double maduro.

Some of my favorite smokes:

Camacho Triple Maduro
Acid One
Tabak Especiale
Acid Maduro

I prefer my smokes with a good Stout beer - right now it's Chicory Stout from Dogfish head. I can always sip on some Grand Marnier as well.

I guess I'm a cheap bastard...I like Chivas ok, and J.W. Black, but most of the time when I drink it's Wild Turkey, and I'm really not into cigars...although there were times in my younger days I smoked a few white owls....

I handroll my own cigarettes, out of a custom 3 Virginia tobacco blends from England, called a Danish Shag. And it Jack Daniels for me, 'Ol Number 7. Everything made in in Tennessee is good, including me.

Moose

The two worst tricks the Irish played on the Scots ... bagpipes and the wrong recipe for whiskey.:D
I'm partial to Irish single malts mostly Jameson Master Reserve being my fave. When I'm in the mood for something rougher I like Balvenie Doublewood, Laphroig & Lagavulin.
you forgot the kilt - and I thought the were the best tricks ever played...
OTOH, I can't fault your taste in Whiskey, either Irish or Scotch.

I like the Ashton aged maduro #50 paired with Macallen.

La Gloria Cubana Churchill maduro is a nice smoke too.

Back