Lets talk GEC!

which Lansky setup do you use? I have an old Case Safety-Sharp, but think I need coarser rods to do some of my knives that have come with less than a desirable edge. I was looking at the turnbox, but wanna see what people are using in their traditionals.

Joe
I use the corner of the Sharpmaker rods on my Spyderco hawksbills, it works well.
Im sure similar systems would work as effectively on a traditional pruner.

I last counted 226 variations of the #25 but I may be off by a few as every once in awhile I find another that was not listed in the production list. I am getting closer to having them all but still need around 50ish but I keep trying!! It's good to have goals!

Wow, that’s more than I thought! (For some reason I was thinking it was around 150 or 160.) Good luck on your continued quest! :D :thumbsup:

The two-bladed are abalone (2008) and ebony (2011). My preference for carry are either of the single-bladed spear points from the 2017 run (pioneer bone and unicorn ivory acrylic). I love the spear point on this knife and I prefer this pattern with a single blade. The pull is too hard on the two-bladed.
View attachment 1496582

I agree, the single spear is my favorite #25. :thumbsup:

Knife warmer
20210123-173712.jpg
That is a beautiful little knife.:thumbsup:.

Must think about carrying a 25 again, I do like this Sheepfoot EZ-Opener and it's prob my favourite blade shape for this frame. Drop-Point works really well but few were released and not repeated again, Spears I prefer over Clips for this little knife but I only have one remaining. Gave two away- Red Micarta & Chechen Rosewood and as I wrote a few pages back, can't replicate giving GECs away because they're almost impossible for me to get in Europe & would cost a mint :eek: Kind of wish I still had a non EZ-Open Spear 25 though ;)

v1JkmiM.jpg

Must think about carrying a 25 again, I do like this Sheepfoot EZ-Opener and it's prob my favourite blade shape for this frame. Drop-Point works really well but few were released and not repeated again, Spears I prefer over Clips for this little knife but I only have one remaining. Gave two away- Red Micarta & Chechen Rosewood and as I wrote a few pages back, can't replicate giving GECs away because they're almost impossible for me to get in Europe & would cost a mint :eek: Kind of wish I still had a non EZ-Open Spear 25 though ;)

v1JkmiM.jpg
That is a great little knife, i love the blade.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Looks like the Forum knife made by CSC.

Lights sirens and fireworks :) It certainly i and mine has good grain on it. . I have a feeling there's a knife under the 57 Pickle Green Half Whitt but no way of knowing now, possibly CASE Yellow D Pen ??

Thanks, Will

That is a great little knife, i love the blade.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Thanks mate :thumbsup: It will be brought out next week as it is a gem and carries very nicely, great snap on it too. Think it's the first knife GEC used the Corset shield on as opposed to the usual Tidioute one? Works well on this pattern I feel.

Regards, Will

Back