Lets talk GEC!

How to sell a GEC knife.

The Knife Exchange on Blade Forums is a great place to buy/sell/trade. I would try there.
Yes, get a gold membership and sell here, no fees after the gold membership and the people in the traditionals areas are very easy to deal with, perhaps elsewhere as well but I have no experience outside of the traditional forums.

I got this B&S #35 awhile back in a trade (thanks again, JohnDF JohnDF ) but I haven't carried it until today. Micarta is not my preferred cover material but it looks nice on this knife and feels even better in the hand.

Despite the opinions surrounding this particular GEC offering, it is really hard not to love it, especially since it is on the #35 frame. I could use only the main blade forever and not think anything of the others, they don't get in the way and the added heft they impart to the frame makes it a pleasure to handle. Good action on the knife overall and the "ping" that comb makes when closing it is oddly pleasant.

Missed opportunity to not add a bail to this though. I'll patiently wait for that #35 Scout to happen... 😁

hw9Rze8.jpg

I think we will see one more PPP this year, so maybe they can revisit the 35 frame after that. I know the have both scout and cattle knife blades designed for that frame Bill just needs to pull the trigger.

I sure hope so. The #35 carries a lot of potential - it's a superb frame. I'd likely get a lot of use out of both the variants.

I think we will see one more PPP this year, so maybe they can revisit the 35 frame after that. I know the have both scout and cattle knife blades designed for that frame Bill just needs to pull the trigger.
The 35 is my favorite frame. Would love a cattle knife or scout. Maybe do it in 2022 so my wallet can get a break haha. I wouldn’t be able to pass on those.

Looks like a red (of sorts) natural bone. I would expect it to look similar to how the 85s turned out earlier this year - unless, of course, they got better saturation.

It's going to look real nice as long as you don't expect a deep, consistent red.
I see more orange tones in this one. I think it will come out more autumn toned than pink. Time will tell.

Back