Lets talk GEC!

Bring back the 43s.
h7IePrP.jpeg

I passed on the current run of 48s as a I have a couple from previous years. Same with the new 72s looks a lot like the LB version of which I also have a few of. I don’t have a need for a hoof pick as there aren’t many four legged critters in my area unless you want to go to the buffalo pens in GG Park. As I recall the last person who climbed over the fence got stomped pretty bad.

Interesting lineup. Anyone find an everyday use for the hoof pick outside of cleaning horse feet? Will it open a beer is my prime interest?

Well, going through my day:

Scratch my back (or other parts of the body when necessary. Always remember to close the blade ! Ooouch !)

Push elevator buttons (in the age of Covid)

Poke someone in the eye (less lethal response to that one person who really deserves it)

Drink stirrer

I like to have some non-blade "blades" on a knife in case of some light prying, poking etc. For the hoof pick, well, I can use it same way I used a hook on my SAK - to hang drying after cleaning with water. Use range also depends on if GEC's sharp on the inside or is it just a hook. Is it sharp though?

P.S.: honestly speaking, I'd rather have a hoof pick on a 48 instead of a pen blade, but I'm afraid it won't make grip comfortable when pick is closed.

Handsome, but I still have that sour taste after sandpapering jigged micarta on my 47 Harvester.
View attachment 2563496

That bar shield looks good on that one.

For those who don't know, I believe that special drawing is for the benefit of Sulphur, Oklahoma, Mike Latham's ( knifeswapper knifeswapper ) hometown. They got hit hard by some tornadoes and this is GEC's part in helping with the town's recovery efforts. This may have been mentioned elsewhere so if I am repeating it, I apologize.

For those who don't know, I believe that special drawing is for the benefit of Sulphur, Oklahoma, Mike Latham's ( knifeswapper knifeswapper ) hometown. They got hit hard by some tornadoes and this is GEC's part in helping with the town's recovery efforts. This may have been mentioned elsewhere so if I am repeating it, I apologize.
Sending my thoughts and prayers. That is a special knife they are drawing for. Even if I don't win, I'm happy to support the cause. I'm in for a good number of tickets.

Absolutely agree. I love Badge, and Federal etc., but there have been an overdose of them recently, so glad to see an appearance of a straightforward plain and simple sheild.
If I understood the phrase "I have assembled and finished a couple of special knives" correcly, Bill Howard himself made them.

Back