Lets talk GEC!

"Jack knives" is a very broad category. It seems like standard usage to me.

Of course, but in "GEC speak" and given the precedent of 54s that came before this one :D their 2-blade models with both blades opening from the same end have always been "big jacks"

I don't get the Weasel naming of the new 48 either. It's no different (pattern or feature wise) than other single blade 48 they've made in the past, so therefore calling it something else at this point is puzzling. At least it doesn't have the word weasel in a gaudy or garish blade etch. Are they done with blade etches, for the most part, on standard production pieces? I actually like some of the etches they used, but I know I'm probably in the minority. Now that I think on it a bit a nicely styled weasel etch might've been nice. :)

Regardless, GEC does keep things interesting, no doubt.

Roughly supposed to look like these...

12.gif

But I hope they end up more like this... picture from bladeforums/biglmbass

IMG_0320.jpg

The look of the bottom 2 knives are what I'm hoping for, but knowing GEC they may not be able to reproduce that look. (Calico bone comes to mind, which had a similar look)

The look of the bottom 2 knives are what I'm hoping for, but knowing GEC they may not be able to reproduce that look. (Calico bone comes to mind, which had a similar look)

Seems like GEC's appaloosa is white bone with one color of brown. When I see other brands with appaloosa covers it looks like use several different colors to get the desired effect.

What's the time frame on these DLT SFO's ?
I'm guessing a couple of months ...
Either way can't wait to get mine [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you AusLox for mentioning the DLT SFO is up! I've been busy and I rarely check my emails. I got in for the 2 I wanted, snakewood, and Appaloosa bone. I really like these shields and they should look splendid with the covers I chose. Plus between these and the 2 blades I'm loving it.

Of course, but in "GEC speak" and given the precedent of 54s that came before this one :D their 2-blade models with both blades opening from the same end have always been "big jacks"

I don't get the Weasel naming of the new 48 either. It's no different (pattern or feature wise) than other single blade 48 they've made in the past, so therefore calling it something else at this point is puzzling. At least it doesn't have the word weasel in a gaudy or garish blade etch. Are they done with blade etches, for the most part, on standard production pieces? I actually like some of the etches they used, but I know I'm probably in the minority. Now that I think on it a bit a nicely styled weasel etch might've been nice. :)

Regardless, GEC does keep things interesting, no doubt.

Haha! "GEC Speak" for an equal end knife with one blade... hmmm... Maybe a "GEC tall boy"

oNcFM.jpg

Anyone have the specs and or pictures of this DLT SFO ?
From DLT's Website
Specs:

Closed Length: 4 1/4"
Blade: Single blade, spear point
Blade Steel: 1095
Oak leaf shield
Single line, non-slanted bolsters on both ends
Brand/Style: Northfield UN-X-LD
Pull: Long pull

From DLT's Website
Specs:

Oak leaf shield

Thanks !
I should of checked this morning when placing the orders as I was rushing out the door . But actually Forgot they actually had specs on pre- orders to .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From DLT's Website
Specs:

Oak leaf shield

Sounds convincing!:D:thumbup:

Back