Lets talk GEC!

I think they may be working on an sfo at the moment, but the 35 run should be starting up shortly. Bill takes his vacation the first week of October, and so GEC will be closed that week and that will slow production somewhat. But heck! It's almost huntin' season anyway so a guy might need his cash for gas! ;)
An sfo? It must be on the 35 frame?? Tell us more!

Man, still no updates on GEC's website. Tomorrow will be one week since the last pattern was released. I realize that they have to retool for the next pattern but I hope they haven't run into problems. I can't help wondering if they might be working on eliminating or reducing blade rub on the Churchills but that's only speculation of course.

I doubt it. Even if they were tweaking things, you'd still see blade blanks and handle slabs.

I was thinking that myself. Did I see it say SFO on the production schedule? I will have to check. I do not remember. 3 blade, correct? The only one in the run?

It doesn't say SFO and it's the same as the other Churchills with a Clip and Sheepsfoot blade. I just thought that maybe since it's a forum knife Barry may have referred to it as an SFO.

Would the AAPK Churchill be considered an SFO?

I was thinking that myself. Did I see it say SFO on the production schedule? I will have to check. I do not remember. 3 blade, correct? The only one in the run?

It doesn't say SFO on the schedule, but I suppose one could argue that it is. Another forum is sponsoring (is that the right term?) it and I think it akin to how we did our forum knife over here.

I also believe it is only two blades, same as the other Churchills.

Although it would certainly appear that their process of selection is far different than ours is over here. I couldn't find much info regarding it as it appears the site's owner(?) is the one who organizes the particulars with GEC.

It doesn't say SFO on the schedule, but I suppose one could argue that it is. Another forum is sponsoring (is that the right term?) it and I think it akin to how we did our forum knife over here.

I also believe it is only two blades, same as the other Churchills.
Yup. I was wrong again. Haha. I was thinking of the 78 SFO. I believe it is the only 3 blade. Thanks.

Hello experts out there, a bit off the subject, but, what is the meaning of the "S", in the GEC tang number for the navy knife? #15S116 thanks in advance

hmmm...unfamiliar with rope knife or rope blade...hawkbill
My assumption was always that it stood for "Sailor" blade, as I can't find a designation for it on the GEC site, and it's not technically a sheepfoot, as mortonm mortonm already explained above.

My assumptions have a good way of being wrong though.

Back