Lets talk GEC!

I think I am going to grab one of the #56 Doglegs as I am a sucker for any spearpoint jack, and it looks like GEC hasn't done a run of them in a very long time. I also have the Muslin Micarta Bullnose on reserve.

The 43 and 44 patterns don't really interest me. Probably a good thing because after the 78's (which is pretty much everything I ever could want in a traditional) I am ready for a breather.

I'm definitely in for a #44. Hopefully a jigged bone or micarta, single blade SFO!

I would like to see more of the scratted bone jigging they did on the 78's. Really like the look - hopefully that's an option on the 44 or other runs this year.

78-Golden-Brown-2.jpg

Anybody excited for the Muslin Micarta Bullnose? I think it'll be awesome on it. I also wonder how it looks after a lot of use.

I am. I am on standby for the ER but I was early on that so a good chance I will receive one.

I am actually glad the 44s are later in the year though
After the 78s, the Lion Steel Euro Barlows coming soon and some chef knives, my wallet needs a break.

I am. I am on standby for the ER but I was early on that so a good chance I will receive one.

I am actually glad the 44s are later in the year though
After the 78s, the Lion Steel Euro Barlows coming soon and some chef knives, my wallet needs a break.

I hear ya! Mine does too.

Have mercy on an old mossback computer illiterate! What is the closed length of the new Mudbug?

I find myself more and more drawn to the GEC knives and like modlst of you I'm sure the SFO and TC knives and so with that being said would anybody be willing to school me on how to keep an eye out for upcoming releases? I have bookmarked the GEC website and I'm not on social media so is keeping an eye on the site the way to go, along with forum chatter? Also what dealers get the SFO releases and the TC knives? I have found a few but do all? And with the SFO knives does each dealer that receives them pretty much get the same cover and brand flavor......If that makes sense? If anyone is gracious enough to maybe steer me in the right direction on these question either openly here or via private conversation or maybe there is a thread that discusses these questions? I surly appreciate it. Thank you.

Reactions: HWF
Signalprick Signalprick I am in the same boat. I do zero social media, besides interest forums. If it weren’t for this place or being notified of upcoming releases, I wouldn’t ever know either. I do keep a close eye on GEC’s site and with a little knowledge, you’ll know what’s coming.

Signalprick Signalprick I am in the same boat. I do zero social media, besides interest forums. If it weren’t for this place or being notified of upcoming releases, I wouldn’t ever know either. I do keep a close eye on GEC’s site and with a little knowledge, you’ll know what’s coming.
Thank you for the comment! I got a little education and so now I can at least focus on what most interests me. Now......does anyone have a pile of cash I can borrow?!?! :p

I find myself more and more drawn to the GEC knives and like modlst of you I'm sure the SFO and TC knives and so with that being said would anybody be willing to school me on how to keep an eye out for upcoming releases? I have bookmarked the GEC website and I'm not on social media so is keeping an eye on the site the way to go, along with forum chatter? Also what dealers get the SFO releases and the TC knives? I have found a few but do all? And with the SFO knives does each dealer that receives them pretty much get the same cover and brand flavor......If that makes sense? If anyone is gracious enough to maybe steer me in the right direction on these question either openly here or via private conversation or maybe there is a thread that discusses these questions? I surly appreciate it. Thank you.

Sent you a PM. We can't discuss buying on the open forum, but it ain't too hard with all the info I gave you ;)

Thanks to the fine gents who reached out to me. I definitely have a better understanding now on the rabbit hole of GEC knives. Thank you guys!

Back