Lets talk GEC!

Better than some “me-too” knife made by GEC. :rolleyes:

Okay, I’m getting off the Buck sub now. :D
I mean I understand some of the sentiment. From an outside perspective (I wasn't here in '17,) the '17 forum knife, while well executed, was for a lack of better words, extremely lame.

This #86 has the potential to be so incredibly exqusiut.

Absolutely untrue! Can't a guy like more than one brand?

Untrue? The title of the thread you started is calling this knife the “2019 Buck Forum Knife”. That’s a fact.

And I never said you can’t like more than one brand lol. If anything, I said you do like another brand.

Didn't mean to cause a tension, just couldn't imagine a GEC dealer sending in Buck support unless they really wanted the knife or were also a Buck dealer.

Doesn't matter to me; everyone should vote. If Buck wins it will be a lot less work for me; as you well know since you have been heavily involved in the forum knife process in the past.

Gunstock Jack, and he’s referring to it as the “2019 Buck Forum Knife” :rolleyes:

His posts seem to be more disparaging as time goes on in the Traditional Forum. Seems like he’s found a new home with the Buck guys. Bye!

I've actually met Barry in person and though we don't know each other well at all, I would still say he is a stand up guy. Everyone has a different way of communicating, particularly in a written form and I just make a point to take everything with a few grains of salt.

Absolutely! And I would venture to guess that most folks on these forums do. I am not interested in creating an "us vs. them" sort of mentality. I think your post in the Buck forum just rubbed a bunch of folks over here the wrong way is all. Especially since it drummed up some folks who have nothing nice to say about anything unless it is a Buck knife.

That's why I wasn't providing any names, there is no blame to throw around when nobody has done anything wrong. You are ABSOLUTELY correct, we are allowed to like any knife we choose. You have my full support in doing just that. I think we were just a little shocked to see you leading the charge. ;)

Let me try to sheas a little light on the me-too comments...

You could say a Mustang is a me-too car. Lots of people buy them because they think the car is cool, but you can’t swing a stick without seeing one so they’re nothing that special. So someone will proudly declare that they have a mustang, and 3 other guys will chime in with a “me too!”

To me, it’s funny because there’s nothing quite as ubiquitous in the American knife market as Buck, but GEC is seen by Buck guys as a me-too knife? Silly.

That said, I’ve been real close to buying one of those new ebony 110’s. I like both brands, but GEC is tops in my book.

You could say a Mustang is a me-too car. Lots of people buy them because they think the car is cool, but you can’t swing a stick without seeing one so they’re nothing that special. So someone will proudly declare that they have a mustang, and 3 other guys will chime in with a “me too!”

To me, it’s funny because there’s nothing quite as ubiquitous in the American knife market as Buck, but GEC is seen by Buck guys as a me-too knife? Silly.

That said, I’ve been real close to buying one of those new ebony 110’s. I like both brands, but GEC is tops in my book.
Buck was once that as well. But GEC is making over the top quality. That has never been seen in a production traditional knife at it's price point. EVER. Nobody does it better.

I know I do ...I also know that it's nobody elses business what I like nor how much I like it.*
(

I've been pondering:confused: on this for a couple of days but I think you've hit the nail on the nail on the head Col.:thumbsup:

*subject to legal constraints;)

Any word on 86 production timeframe and variant options?
Just pure conjecture, but I don't think GEC would produce two pilot runs extremely close to one another (they've started the #97s last week,) so I would imagine sometime this summer.

Of course Mr. Howard does what he likes, so heck, it could be in just a month or two. We never know for sure.

Seems like this GEC thread has morphed into a we must have GEC as the Forum Knife at all costs thread...;)

You know where that can lead.....:eek:;):D

Whenever there's a Forum Knife or an annual club knife, it's the specific pattern on offer that interests me, the manufacturer is of minor importance.:thumbsup:

Seems like this GEC thread has morphed into a we must have GEC as the Forum Knife at all costs thread...;)

You know where that can lead.....:eek:;):D

Whenever there's a Forum Knife or an annual club knife, it's the specific pattern on offer that interests me, the manufacturer is of minor importance.:thumbsup:
I'm voting for the #86 because it's a pattern I like. I'm not voting for the Buck because it's a pattern I don't have a desire for;)

I'm sure it's a two way street for those that are voting for Buck. Some are voting because it's a Buck. Or because it's a pattern they like.

I’ll be honest, I’m a little put off that a lot of Buck guys that never post on the traditional sub forum are being sent over here to cast their vote. Obviously, there’s a lot of crossover because Bucks are very traditional, but it seems a little bit out-of-the spirit for a community chosen knife of this sub.

I’m now clearly off the fence and I’m sticking with my GEC vote over the vanguard.

I honestly have no dog in this fight, but you do realize it's a Blade Forums knife and not a Traditional Folders and Fixed Blade knife, right? Some folks act like it's a personal attack on them if someone from the Buck forum (which last time I checked, was part of Blade Forums) come over and votes for Buck. How upset are you going to get if the other forums start coming over to cast their vote for a Blade Forums knife? Seriously, if you don't like the knife that gets voted in, don't buy one!

I honestly have no dog in this fight, but you do realize it's a Blade Forums knife and not a Traditional Folders and Fixed Blade knife, right? Some folks act like it's a personal attack on them if someone from the Buck forum (which last time I checked, was part of Blade Forums) come over and votes for Buck. How upset are you going to get if the other forums start coming over to cast their vote for a Blade Forums knife? Seriously, if you don't like the knife that gets voted in, don't buy one!
Except it actually IS the Traditional Forums knive, and not the "BladeForums" knive...

I actually thought it was a Traditional Forum knife, and not a general Bladeforums knife, but maybe I'm wrong about that. :confused: I mean, otherwise we could have one made by Spyderco or Kershaw.
Anyway, Buck knives (the traditional ones that is) fall under the traditional category, and are one of the options this year, so fans of Buck can vote for it.

To get this thread back on topic, I really hope my stand-by reservation comes through for the #06 Pemberton in white bone, so I can take a new group picture. :D
eO2CSDb.jpg

Except it actually IS the Traditional Forums knive, and not the "BladeForums" knive...
I actually thought it was a Traditional Forum knife, and not a general Bladeforums knife, but maybe I'm wrong about that. :confused: I mean, otherwise we could have one made by Spyderco or Kershaw.
Anyway, Buck knives (the traditional ones that is) fall under the traditional category, and are one of the options this year, so fans of Buck can vote for it.

To get this thread back on topic, I really hope my stand-by reservation comes through for the #06 Pemberton in white bone, so I can take a new group picture. :D
eO2CSDb.jpg

Sorry, I stand corrected.

Back