Lets talk GEC!

Last year it was one Rendezvous knife per person - PERIOD!!
And Specials are limited as well.

I didn’t realize special assemblies were limited too.

I think that’s a good idea, as long as Chris can see past the shady looking customer that looks suspiciously similar to a guy that bought a Rendezvous knife yesterday, but who now sports a handlebar mustache and a baseball cap pulled over his eyes! :D

I have been to the last four Rendezvous gatherings, 2015 through 2018. I have been no further than 9th in line each time on opening morning. I have always been told that the Rendezvous knives were one per person. I know that some couples have bought two knives, one for each. The only year that I bought two Rendezvous knives was in 2016. I went in the store on Saturday and they still had knives left at 11:00am. I asked Chris if I could buy one to sell on the forum for a BigBiscuit fundraiser. She agreed to sale me another knife and I sold it and several others to raise money for Bob. I paid for the knives out of my own pocket and the funds raised went 100% to Bob and his family. I certainly hope that this is not considered “Flipping”! Last year we were told by Chris that the Rendezvous Special knives were one per person and you were limited to one special total whichever you chose. My wife and I each bought one of the Emerald Green 35 Churchill’s. These were the only Specials that we bought. The rest were “S” models. I personally don’t have any problems with the limitations being one per household. We actually really enjoy the fellowship with friends the knives are secondary!

Last edited:
To further clarify, I was told that there will be a system in-place this year as follows:

1. Anyone who wants to buy a rendezvous knife will be given two certificates with no serial number or Chris Tucker signature.
2. When the knife is purchased, Chris will record the serial number and sign your certificate.
3. She will then take the other certificate for her records.

She didn't specify if the same thing would happen for parts knives or anything else they are offering but I would expect something similar. And I don't think any of this is aimed at members of the Porch or the general community, per se, but moreso to prevent other folks from showing up at the Rendezvous just to purchase and flip the exclusive knives. Clearly, the popularity of GEC has been increased significantly and they need to take some steps to help manage the outliers.

I didn’t realize special assemblies were limited too.

I think that’s a good idea, as long as Chris can see past the shady looking customer that looks suspiciously similar to a guy that bought a Rendezvous knife yesterday, but who now sports a handlebar mustache and a baseball cap pulled over his eyes! :D
I see a business opportunity for a highly motivated go getter with a suitcase and a few dozen Groucho Marx plastic nose and glasses kits.*
Conveniently located just outside the main gate behind the skip.Cash only.

*limit of one per customer per day.

I see a business opportunity for a highly motivated go getter with a suitcase and a few dozen Groucho Marx plastic nose and glasses kits.*
Conveniently located just outside the main gate behind the skip.Cash only.

*limit of one per customer per day.
Someone please at least attempt to use the Groucho disguise just to see the look on Chris' face lol!

I have two of the steak knives and can tell you they work well :) SS and micarta handles...these will outlast me.

I got a couple of the steak knives as well. I'd love to scoop up a paring and slicing knife. Complete the set, so to speak.

I got a couple of the steak knives as well. I'd love to scoop up a paring and slicing knife. Complete the set, so to speak.
Absolutely :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: The last time I waited for them to post the kitchen knives on the GEC online store, I checked daily for weeks and never saw them. I was happy to grab a few at the OKCA show and wonder if perhaps Chris would take a phone order for some of the other two that weren't available when we saw her. :rolleyes:

Someone please at least attempt to use the Groucho disguise just to see the look on Chris' face lol!
My avatar suggests that I have some experience along these lines, but that was 60 years ago! I swear I have no plans to attend the Rendezvous in August! :rolleyes:

- GT

My avatar suggests that I have some experience along these lines, but that was 60 years ago! I swear I have no plans to attend the Rendezvous in August! :rolleyes:

- GT
Sure Gary...sounds like plausible deniability :p

I have my second GEC on it's way to me, a #97 Yellow Rose from Mike at CK. One question for y'all. What does the 3 P's in a circle on the Tidioute knives mean?

Back